KVA MKIII FOR SALE

Gulf blue KVA mk III,
finished ,driving car.
Great condition.Titled in Michigan as a 1967 Ford gt40 mkIII
Corbeau brass ring seats with Willans harnesses,Currently set up with a Ford V6 and a Porsche 901 transaxle,included in the sale are a Mustang 5.0 engine and a Porsche 914 transaxle to turn the car into a V8.
Great chance to drive and uprade without breaking the bank.Car is RHD and RH shift
Serious only need apply....selling due to family health problems and other projects
$30,000 obo.
Limited delivery available.
586-783-4558 until 3pm
586-575-3912 after 4pm until 11.00pm
586-405-6974 anytime

[ January 28, 2003: Message edited by: Fran Hall ]

I've been to Fran's house and I have seen this car. This is a very nice car and a great buy. I have too many projects and no space or otherwise I'd get this car. You could sell the spare drive train and have a GT40 Mk. III for about $25,000. The exterior color of this car is light blue. It would be very easy to update the paint scheme of this car to the Gulf colors. If you are thinking about getting a GT40 and the prices for a new kit are putting you off, then you should consider this car. Fran is a hands-on kind of guy and I'm sure he will be lots of assistance to you after the sale.
Jim Seisser

[ February 01, 2003: Message edited by: BigRed ]

Still for sale,and still a smokin' deal!!

Funny how a lot of guys want a lower priced good quality car but when one is offered the response is not what one expected.

I was strongly tempted by the car, but an really stuck on the square headlight look of the later kits. As an idea, would it be worth spending $500 and quickly updating to the Gulf colors and stickers?

A.

If you buy the car I will put the stripe and the stickers on for you(and pay for them)...how does that sound??
Come on boys...you will kick yourself when it sells and the price of new kits goes through the roof with the weak dollar and with fuel costs rising shipping is going to get more expensive too!!!
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

[ February 12, 2003: Message edited by: Fran Hall ]

Ron Earp

Admin
Even with the V6 this car is a bargin, no doubt. I haven't seen it, but I've been told it looks great. A V8 can be dropped in for minimal expense I am sure, just depends on what kind of V8 you want. Heck it comes with a stocker!! Those that are kicking tires should seriously look at this car! I'm tempted to buy it, V8 it, and re-sell it in a year or so. I just already have too many projects...

Ron

[ February 12, 2003: Message edited by: Ron Earp ]

Gordy

Lifetime Supporter
I'm also confused. I have seen this car and you can't touch anything out there for this kind of money. People are crying for an affordable car, well here it is. What gives?

Sorry!

I've said it before and I'll say it again.
There is a reason Ford only sold (7) MK III.
After you've seen the MK I, the MK III looks
stretched. I know, I know...to each his own.

MikeD

There must also be a reason why Ferrari only built 3 or 4 P3'S as well!!!And there was only one that was ever converted to road trim and ow that is back in race trim again.......curiouser and curiouser
I love that car by the way!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

No sweat Mike,
just a little satirical humour,
seems to be a little too serious on this forum sometimes.
We true hardcore enthusiats appreciate ALL Gt40's or we wouldn't be here.We dont have to love them all but I am sure none of us would turn away any REAL car if it was offered mk1 through mkv

Hi Mike D

The reason the MK111 had the different lights and extended tail was because of American Road traffic laws that insisted on the lights being at a certain height that was not achievable with the MK1 profile.
The reason they only made 7 Mk 111 cars is again because an American journalist slated the car for being what it was, a road going race car (no refinement) so Ford stopped the production. I suspect that if Ford had given this journalist a MK1, MK11, or even a MK4, He would have said the same thing. He was probably used to reporting on mass produced cars with power steering, auto boxes and electric seats weighing in at 3500lbs plus.
Like Fran, I have a MK111 and a MK1, I love them all, but the really strange thing is I get the biggest kick out of the Monocoque chassis, it is truly a work of art.

If you were to buy Frans car I could also sell you a MK1 front and rear clip, then you could swap clips just to amuse your self and keep your friends guessing.
Regards,
Chris
grin.gif
grin.gif

Fran, I put up a post about it on www.clubcobra.com back when you first put the car up for sale, thinking somebody would jump on it. Like some of the others here, I haven't seen the car, but having just paid a whole bunch more than your asking price for a GTD, I'm surprised that no one's snatched yours up--

[ February 12, 2003: Message edited by: snakeeyes ]

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
Let's give Fran a hand here. I'm sure we all have some connections of interest.

Any pictures Fran? I'll post them if you like.

Chris

I'm going to show my ignorance here.
I was under the impression that "road going"
MK I's were sold in the US. Am I mistaken?

MikeD

Yes, indeed if anyone was wondering the MK 3 currently listed for sale is/was Fran Hall's
car with alot of upgrades and listed $2500 lower in price, A smoking deal then, even better now.

Chris
[email protected]

[ April 25, 2003: Message edited by: Chris K ]

Back