Looking for Alum Casting Supplier to cast uprights

I am trying to find a casting supplier that can make Uprights, Alternator Brackets, and ZF top plate mounts. I have original GT40 pieces to work from. Need cost estimates to have these cast up.

G

Jim, I don't have a clue about the economics of this, but what about having them CNC machined?

Jim, I am now casting aluminium front and rear uprights to my own designs, but can also get any casting carried out here in UK, either to your supplied patterns or we can make. The Foundry are the company that do all of Quaifes castings for them. My castings can be supplied unmachined so that you finish to your own requirements. Frank

Hi Jim

Give Fran Hall a call he is in Detroit and has good connections in the car industry and can help you with this, at sensible prices
Regards
Chris.

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Hello Jim !!!!!!
I have a fellow that did some very nice castings for me. He is out of Indianapolis Ind. He is responsible for doing the molds for all of Indy Cylinder Heads products. This includes making the molds for cylinder heads, engine blocks, intake manifolds, timing covers, and many misc. parts. He is an excellant craftsman. If you would like more information, please send me a private email.

Thanks, Brian

Jim,

What all and how many original GT40 parts do you have to work with?

This sounds interesting. Good luck with the build.

Have fun!

John

Hi Jim,
You can get a Toplate from RBT Transmission but it has the RBT logo instead of ZF on it.
I am in the process of producing rear uprights as per the original cars but these will be a few months yet. I will post when
they are available.
Also hope to be able to offer steel roof sections this year, will post details as things progress.

You guys are great - what a cool bunch of people. Ok - thanks for the leads. I was hoping you guys could shed some light on what it costs to have castings made - $100's of dollars or is it $1000 of dollars?

As for machining - I have that covered, I have a bridgeport and buddies who are great a machining / sourcing. Roy - you are a tease - if you are having these made than I am not going to bother. What are you doing for internals? I am stumped about how to come up with the hubs, drive flanges, CV joint faces to bolt up, pin drive portion, bearings, seals, etc. It would be great to have all these pieces to build up the rear suspension.

Jim

Castings like these (small/relatively simple) are not expensive. The cost is in the pattern and machining. All foundries
I know of will provide a quote basis a
decent drawing.

MikeD

Jim, you might look at the Ford T-Bird Super Coupe rear hubs used in their IRS. I have these in my Daytona Coupe with the Trigo pin drives. Compare the weight of a T-Bird to the GT... they should be more than strong enough. I'm looking to see if the stub-axles will fit a pair of up-rights I have from an old CANAM car.
wink.gif

Jim, I just got a price of $100.00 each for my castings. Now to see if the T-Bird axles & bearings will work. What I don't know, is the distance between the top a-arm & the bottom a-arm, anyonr have this measurement?

Jim If you email me a note i will give you my phone # I have the patterns and have made the uprights,spindles and stub axles and many other parts Thanks

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
Hello, Jim. Did you find someone to cast your uprights? If you did, please let me know who because I need some uprights cast as well as stub axles made. Would appreciate any contact info from all forum members.

Mike can you advise as to a foundary?

Thanks. Gregg

[ March 20, 2003: Message edited by: Gregg ]

Back