Looking for a 40

JayPSC

Deceased 5-24-07, RIP
I am on the hunt for a GT40 replica, if anyone can help please call or email me.
I ideally want a 302 or 351 engine & it has to be a complete car.

Thanks
Jay
[email protected]
07711 757010

Jay,
Have a look in the back of Which Kit or Kit Car, there have been some 40s there lately.... available from al good news agents
grin.gif

Brett

JayPSC

Deceased 5-24-07, RIP
Cheers Brett, I have been checking the mags but most have either been sold or are out of my price range. If anyone on here spots one while browsing the web it would be much appreciated if they could email me the link.

Thanks
Jay

JayPSC,

I think you should contact Chris Melia and consider building one yourself. The low cost of his MKI bodies would make it very affordable.

But then, there was a GT40 replica that Chris mentioned on another thread that went for (I'm trying to remember the price so I could be wrong) around 10k.

Anyways, best of luck in your search.

Have fun!

John

JayPSC

Deceased 5-24-07, RIP
I did consider building one myself but I want one now really. My car is being sold in a month, so I need to have a new toy asap.

Jay

JayPSC

Deceased 5-24-07, RIP
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Julian West:
I saw a Tornado advertised in one of the Kit Car mags just the other day. I *think* it was 'Which Kit' & ISTR asking price was 16K.

Hope this helps.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Already been sold
frown.gif
looked at it on Sun. Rang up on Mon to pick it up following w/end but it had gone.

Found another today, was gonna go down tomorrow to get it. Rang the bloke back to confirm & it had been sold.

I'm not doing to well this week, getting most piss*d off
mad.gif
frown.gif

Damn, sorry JayPSC....

If you haven't joined the two clubs already, you may find chatting to club members the best way forward. I bought mine via an ad in the club mag. There were a several advertised at the time. Sub 20K cars seem rare tho....

also, may be worth looking on Findit.co.uk.

There is a complete 1994 factory built GTD40 for sale in the recent issue of Motorsport magazine. The advert describes it being 'an exact copy of the real '60s icon' & 'has won trophies for it's concours'.
Asking price £45 000.

I saw a Tornado advertised in one of the Kit Car mags just the other day. I *think* it was 'Which Kit' & ISTR asking price was 16K.

Hope this helps.

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
There is one on the GT40 Enthusiasts Club page for £17K, it is in Belgium. Only kitted with a V6 at present though, so (in my eyes) some time/money required.

I expect there are many of us around looking for that, very rare, complete sub £20K car to come up for sale. If I were able to work on one myself I know I could get one for that. Meantime I try to save for a more expensive one.

Back