Goodwood Featival of Speed.

We went to the Goodwood festival of Speed last Sunday and the weekend more than lived up to expectations.
Weather was superb and only overshadowed by the vast array of classic machinery.
Martin Covill, of Bell and Covill fame, was there with GT40 1084. (This was originally owned by JW Automotive and numbered 1004. It was then rebuilt in '68 and re-numbered 1084).
To see an original '40 along side such greats as a Porsche 917K a Lola-Chevrolet T163A and 3 Ferraris, a 312PB a 512S and a 212E Montagna was a memorable experiance. Mr Covill and 1084 performed well and the sound of a Ford V8 blowing through megaphones on an English country estate never sounded sweeter.
The event also included a plethera of F1 cars past and present. If you have never attended this event then I would highly reccomend that you add it to next years callender, the sight of Luca Badoer lead footing Ferrari's F2001 up The Earl of March's drive is certainly a sight to behold.

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
I was there too, on the Sunday - what a scorcher.
cool.gif

I have some piccies, nice reasonably high res digital, I could post here, especially of said GT40 (I'm no photographer though). Don't know whether Mr. Covill would mind me posting them here (after all the cars were there for anyone to see & photograph)? Maybe he reads the forum, or maybe someone knows him & can ask.

In the meantime, I could email these to anyone specifically interested.

Back