Start Making Plans Now

From the Laguna Seca web page:

MARQUE ANNOUNCED FOR 2003 MONTEREY HISTORIC RACES

A century of Ford racing heritage will be showcased at the 30th annual Rolex Monterey Historic Automobile Races, August 15 - 17, 2003, at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. Steven Earle, president of General Racing Ltd. and event founder, made the highly anticipated announcement at the awards ceremony on Sunday, Aug. 18, following an exciting weekend that honored Corvette. The evolution of Ford racing will be showcased and may include everything from the 1901 "Sweepstakes" that Henry Ford drove in his first and only race, a 10-mile competition against Alexander Winton, to the low-slung and mighty GT-40s and Ford-powered Formula One cars. Many of the greatest names in the sport have been victorious in Fords through the years and in all type of classes. They include Jackie Stewart, Jim Clark, Colin Chapman, Graham Hill, Carroll Shelby, Cale Yarborough, Mario Andretti, and Ford's first driver, Barney Oldfield, among so many others. The Rolex Monterey Historic Automobile Races, presented by Chrysler-Jeep-Dodge, is a celebration of motor racing history, historic automobiles and the people who made them. Each year, more than 375 historic race and sports cars are entered in 14 race groups that span nearly every era of motorsports history.

G

If God's willing and the creek don't rise, I'll be there! Hopefully, I will be ready for my long cross country in the GT40 by the time this rolls around!

WILL be going. Made it to the Ferrari and Porche featured years. Good inexpensive motels in near by Salinas. Some great airfares in the past ($200 round trip fm Atlanta). MAking plans. Featured marque events bring ot the special-of-the-special cars: Proche brought over cars fm their museum. Saw FOUR 962s being unloaded from one trailer.
Friday is the best day: Not crowded. Sat and Sunday ae slammed. Took me almost an hour on Sat. to get into the parking lot alone! Would be a good GT40s get together!

Ron Earp

Admin
Lynn,

If I can get this thing built by then I might be willing to drive it that far. I've done cross country on motorcycles before, this is a heck of a lot more comfortable.

R

Insider tip: The Sat and Sunday of the races is a ZOO. Takes an hour or more to get into the track aloe and you have to park in the field lammed up to other crs and have to walk/take a free shuttle and TRY to find a space where you can see from.

HOWEVER, if you go early friday am (8-9am) yo can drive right in FREE, park near, and walk THROUGH the pits FREE and see all the cars unloading and being prepped, and see some races or shake down laps. Venders are there.

I went for the Ferrari reunion (50th) and the Porce: and saw everyhing o Friday. FOUR 962s being unloaded fm a hauler. can talk to people, see whole rows of Gt350, GT40s and Cobras (all real!). FYI. I will be going; cheap hotel in Salinis and ceap airfare out of Atlanta ($200R/T)
And remenmber Pebble Beach Concours Sunday.

Back