GOODWOOD 2003

It is likely that Lee Holman and I along with a number of GT40s including J6 will be at the Festival of Speed next year. Lee will be at the revival next week.
Best
Jim

Can someone confirm now that there will be several GT40s (including J6?) at the 2003 Goodwood Festival of Speed? Is there a special feature concerning the Ford GT40?
Thanks

This is all trying to be worked out now. As soon as I know I will post. In addition to the cars Lee Holman is trying to arrange for AJ Foyt and David Pearson to come as well.

This just appeared on Autosport so I guess there could well be the temptation for a huge Euro GT40 meet
Ford supercar set for June debut

For more industry news, subscribe to Autosport Professional

The first three Ford GT 'supercars', based on the GT40 racecar concept, will be will be built in time for Ford's centennial celebrations in June 2003, in tribute to its 1-2-3 finish in the 1966 Le Mans 24 Hours.

Ford has confirmed that the GT is to be assembled on a special production line, configured for its modular aluminium body construction, in the Prototype Build Center at its Wixom plant in Michigan. The run of 1000 cars will begin production there in Spring 2004.

The Festival of Speed will be the 100 years celebration of FORD and there will be displayed the 3 winning GT40's Mk II of the 24 hours of Le Mans 1966; a Mk IV was annouced a few weeks ago but is no longer in the list. Among many great cars there will also be the 1969 FORD 3L prototype and several Chapparrals, Porsche 917, Ferrari P3 ansd so on...
Will any of the GT40's of the forum be there next week?
Daniel

FORD GT AT GFOS Tuesday 8th July

Ford press release copied from Pistonheads

First time in the UK for modern GT40 thing

Ford’s new GT will be at the Goodwood Festival of Speed this weekend - the first time the production version has been seen in the UK.
The car will appear alongside an exciting line-up of Ford’s most famous racing cars from around the world including the three winning GT40s from the 1966 Le Mans 24 hour race.

Since the Ford GT Concept made its European debut at the Geneva Motor Show in March, over 900 potential customers have registered their interest in owning one of the 80 road cars destined for Europe.

The full production run of 4,500 cars will start in the US next year and it is likely to go on sale there for under $150,000. The car features a modular aluminium body and is powered by a supercharged 5.4 litre V8 producing more than 500bhp and 500lb ft of torque.

The new GT will be helping Ford celebrate its centenary at the Goodwood Festival of Speed on 11-13 July, where Ford is the feature sponsor. GT chief programme engineer Neil Hannemann will be running the car up the hillclimb on all three days.

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
2 entries of interest from the list of "Who’s Driving What at the Festival of Speed (updated 2.7.03)"

"Lee Holman, one half of the famous Holman & Moody American race car preparation company, will drive the 1966 Le Mans-winning Ford GT40.

Jackie Oliver, the former works Lotus Formula One driver, will demonstrate the beautiful high-winged Lotus 49B of Classic Team Lotus, which features on the official Festival programme this year. He will also the Gulf-livered Ford GT40."

Max

I've just been on the phone to a pal of mine who's there today.

He reports that the display of 40s is absolutely awesome.

I'll be there tomorrow (Saturday) with my father-in-law, and can't wait!

Charles

Back