hydraulic throttle pedal assemmbly

I have a one fitted to my car Alain and I can support your comments. They work and beat cables onto big carbs.

Dave,

How smoothly does it work? I've got one here (the CB unit)for evaluation and it seems to be rather sticky.

The CB piece is also a sealed design, and I'd rather use hard lines for most of the run.

Maybe the system requires the use of a softer than usual return spring???

I did not look close enough to the one on the buggy to notice it's plumbing was sealed.
That is a drawback, since it would be a much cleaner installation using only the amount of hose needed.

Is there a "bleeder" at the slave unit?

[ December 27, 2002: Message edited by: Alain Vanhollebeke ]

I too have a hydraulic throttle pedal assembly and it works beautifully.
I decided to use the hydraulic one after a friend of mine had some really nasty experiences with a sticky throttle cable in his Countach replica.
I use a standard return spring. The only thing you have to worry about is bleeding it completely or you may find the idle to raise when it't getting really hot under the rear clip.
I bought it from Summit Racing katalogue in 1997. I don't know if they still have it.

Alain,

The CB unit has a filler/bleeder at one end only. The only way that I can see it being bled is to have the tubing on a continuous rise from the non-vented end to the bleeder. I'll have to see whether the other unit is a different design.

Hi ya Bob,

Can confirm all the above. The feel it good. I have a dual pumper 650 Holley at present on my race 302. Bleeding is the most important and takes a little time. One valve is present on mine (at he carb end) and its a two person but simple job of turning the valve and adding additional fluid in the resevior after it is taken down into the system.

I had to do this twice. Bled then drove it encountered the air expansion at orperating temperature and did again. Problems over and a smooth action.

Hope this helps,

Hi Fred,
I do not completely understand your question.

Are you asking about the dimensions of the kit? (how long of a tube to use)

I'm not sure which kit would be best for the GT40. I have only seen this system used on a VW powered dune buggy.

Dave or GeeTee may be able to help since they both are using this type of system.

I see you are in Brussels. This is where I was born. Most of my family is still living in Belgium. Have you ever heard of
"manu-service"?

Alain,

Manu Service:The name rings a bell but what are they doing?
My question was on the
lenght of the tube between pedal and carb as engines is on the back and is the tube long enough?
Hope you will understand my Belgian accent...
Rgds
fred

Manu-Service is my Uncle's company in Brussels.
They do the distribution and shipping of books, videos,collectibles
etc, such as(editions atlas).

If it is easier for you, I can still read and speak french very well....
....but my spelling/writing is terrible.

The hydraulic accelorator is available in two lengths,

the short one has an 8 foot hose, this is 2.4meters long.

The long one is 10 feet= 3 meters long.

Which one you need depends on how you plan to route the hose.
....But to be safe,it is always better to have a little too long, than a little too short.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Hi Alain: Do you know if this hydraulic throttle assembly could be adapted to a pedal cluster such as the original GT40 system, or does it have to be used with the pedal and mount that come with it...I have not seen one of these units and I can't tell from the catalog illustration.

Jim,
I think you can buy the hydraulic system without the pedal.
I could not find the part number, but did find the contact info for the manufacturer of this system.

CNC Inc.
1221 West Morena Blvd
San Diego CA. 92110
Phone : 619-257-1663
Fax : 619-275-0729

I could not find a dedicated website for them, but they do have a catalog available.

I hope this helps.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Alain, thanks so much. I will phone them up tomorrow. This would beat a cable-operated linkage I think by a long shot. And all the other control pedal linkages in a GT40 are hydraulic as well...thanks again.
When I have some information to post on this application I will do so.

I was wondering if those of you who have seen this setup think that it would be possible to cut the line then use compression fittings to adapt it to use on a hard line or at the very least to be able to vary the length.

Eric,

It uses standard 5/16" OD tubing with compression fittings so I don't think it would be hard to add an intermediate hard line. My biggest concern is the difficulty of bleeding.

I'm thinking about adding standard brake bleeders in strategic places.

Alain,

I got my pedal assembly from the US and will assemble it soon.
I have put the line and is just ok between foot and trottl(rather just short..).I am awaiting my new carb to assemble it.
Let you know experience but I am all excited. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Fred

Back