Water Pumps and Ford SBs

Ron Earp

Admin
I'm using a late model reverse rotation pump and serpentine system for my GT40 engine.

Ford seems to like to change their crummy cover system every 10 years or so along with the bolts and pump mounting system. IMHO, the only place where the Chevy design is better.

Watch the ARP water pump/timing cover bolts as these things are definitely not for this system. At least the ones I have from PAW aren't. This has been discussed over on the Cobra Forum at length, you really need to buy three packs of the damn bolt kits to make enough bolts.

Ron

Therefore, McMaster Carr here I come.

Have you tried calling ARP?

I ordered an ARP bolt kit from PAW myself, and it came with the following note enclosed:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR> We are aware there are variances on most Ford applications. We have had to generalize when packaging our Ford Accessory Kits. We will be happy to assist you substitute bolt sizes to complete your application. Newer EFI and aftermarket applications may require additional fasteners to be puchased. Please call us at (800) 826-3045 <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just talked to ARP, and they told me what you do is use the bolts you can from the kit and set aside the rest. Make a list of the bolts you need (diameter & under-head length). Then call the 800 number and ask for Rob and arrange with him to send in the bolts you couldn't use along with a copy of the purchase receipt, and he'll send you the ones you need.

Back