Audi boxes

Rummaging thru some old stuff, I found these old brochures on a box that Ray Christopher was offering for around $6000. You might try contacting Ray or Graham at GTD racing and see if they can help you out. It looks to me like you get better ratios in the Renault box when you have the 3.44 dif.
6SpeedGetrag.jpg

page4.html

[ July 03, 2002: Message edited by: 40bud ]
6speedratios.jpg

[ July 03, 2002: Message edited by: 40bud ]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by S Sterling:
Does GTD Racing have a web site? If not what is the contact info?

Thanks,
Steve
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Steve,
Spoke to Ray this morning and GTD Racing / Ray Christopher can be contacted on (+44) 01202 694861.

Also, the 6-Spd AUDI/GETRAG box he uses is available via Audi direct or GTD Racing and is approx £2300+VAT. It was apparently used in high torque Audi A8's inc diesel models.

Hope this is of use.

regards

Paul Thompson
grin.gif

Steve, if you check 40bud profile you will find links to GTD Racing, Roaring Forties, Levy Racing, GTD Club, GT40 Enthusiasts Club and Ken Saunders old club web sight. Paul do you know how the 6 speed is working out and what ratios are in it? What clutch is being used?

[ July 04, 2002: Message edited by: 40bud ]

Hi 40Bud & all,
I'm competeing this weekend against Ray Christopher, among others, so I'll get a few more details re the 6-Spd! - From what I have seen, it goes quite well thus far but I notice that he needs to pull 3rd/4th where we pull 2nd/3rd so I guess his ratios are shorter. The Quaife modded Renaults we use have longer 1st and 2nd gears which help on sprints / hillclimbs..

regards

Paul Thompson
of
GTD40 CLUB
grin.gif
grin.gif

Back