Possible source for headers????

I was looking through my neighbor's hot rod magazine today and found an ad for a company in California that makes all kinds of headers.

I found their web site and am wondering if maybe someone has tried getting specs to an out fit like this,,,,so that they could maybe produce some headers for our cars?

Maybe, if we had a group of ten or so people to make an order at one time, the pricing would be more "reasonable"???

Just a thought.
Here is the link to their site,,,,has anyone ever had any experience with these guys? http://www.sandersonheaders.com/custombuiltheaders.htm

Ron Earp

Admin
Alain,

save yourself a lot of trouble and buy them from the folks that make your car, NZ I think? If in doubt read the Consumer Watch section here on headers and over on Club Cobra. Just bite the bullet and buy them from the manufacturer, they'll fit and cost the same, AND you'll get them.

ALL the GT40 designs are slightly different, it ain't a one size fits all. So, to pull your plan off you'd need 10 NZ GT40 folks in the US. The RF, ERA, CAV, all will be slightly different.

R

[ September 15, 2002: Message edited by: Ron Earp ]

Hmmmm, I was hoping that the GTD-NZ-RF and others were similar enough (from the head to the collector?) to be able to get a group deal??
I'm tryin' to save a buck here or there,,,, in order to fit a stack injection system into my build "budget".

Getting 10 NZ owners in the USA at this point would be impossible,,,as there are only two of them right now...
(I will be the third when my car arrives).
smile.gif

Ron Earp

Admin
Alain,

there may be some overlap, like I'm sure the CAV space frame and GTD will swap, the car is the same. But, I've seen Lynn's pipes for his Sabre and they won't fit on my car. Likewise the RF on the Sabre. Tornados seem different as do the DRB and NZ cars. The differences are slight, but a 1/2" height difference can play havoc on lining these things up.

Ron

Ron

Back