48 IDF's or 48 IDA's

48 IDF\'s or 48 IDA\'s

Hi,

A question. I'm not sure which to fit to a Coast 347, with Victor Jnr heads. Is it best to fit IDF's or IDA's ?

I am going to use the car for track days and on the raod. 60% Track and 40% Road.

Car is Mr Sibley's modified GTD chasis.

What's the best option?

Cheers,

JP.

Re: 48 IDF\'s or 48 IDA\'s

JP talk to us first before spending your money. Frank Also see notes on Forum article "waiting waiting waiting".

[ October 04, 2002: Message edited by: F CATT ]

I use IDA's on my Lola T-70 which work well on the street as well as the track. Before I couped it and "retired" it to street use it was a Donohue CanAM spyder with much history including several wins with it's IDA's.
Best

When I was researching this same question for my engine, the concensus seemed to be that IDFs are better on the street, IDAs are better for the track. Since I expect most of my driving will be on the street, I went with IDFs. As you expect a majority of track driving, I think you would would probably be better off with IDAs. There's the cost factor to consider too, of course.

Brian Magee

Supporter

JP

I know two people with IDF's and they both have problems with the jets gumming up, John Edwards spent most of the trip to the Le Mans Classic cleaning his jets. He used a carb cleaner which seemed to make things worse as it released all the gum that had built up and deposited it in the jets.
I have IDA's and apart from a flat spot which sometimes appears between 2800 -3000 revs, they have been trouble free.

Brian.

altho I have no experience of either in V8 applications, an 8 barrel injection set-up would be much easier to map.

Just changing a few numbers on a computer, as opposed to dismantling carbs, buying jets, etc etc...

Back