bellhousings

Where will I be able to get a bellhousing to mate a windsor 302/352 to a renault 21 g/box and how much would it cost. any ideas?
Thanks
Simon

Simon, I have the Adaptor plate on the shelf here in UK. Ford small block to Renault. Though the Renault 21 bellhousing is not the correct one. You will need to use the V6 Renault bellhousing. This is because when the tooling for the Reanult gearbox was made, it was using the Renault V6 30tx. When the Renault 21 (4 cyl 2.0 turbo) came out, GTD evaluated the gearbox and found it to have all the right gears and the diff to make a good box to use in the future. The bellhousing on the 21 is smaller than the V6 hence it was not suitable. If you have a 21 box, try find a v6 bellhousing. Or if your stuck call me or e mail. adaptor plate kit £195 stock.

All the very best

Mark Sibley

Someone has offered me a "Renault 21" gearbox, would that be a Renault 21 Turbo gearbox or are there different variations?????
Simon

G

Chris Cole of MAch 1 Transmissions said he did a special casting of a bell housing to do just this job. Possibly Tornado via Andy Sheldon also did one but I am not too sure on that point. All aimed to allow you to use the Ford flywheel and clutch parts so easier if importing an engine etc for balance purposes.

Malcolm

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
Simon

We have been producing a cast alloy bellhousing to mate all renault 367, 369 and UN1 gearboxs to the ford small block engine for some years. It allows the use of a full size small block flywheel, clutch and starter motor which eliminates all clutch slip and hotstart problems. Cost is £725 including gearbox shaft and fixings etc.

Thanks

Andy

G

Andy,

Can you expand on the shaft you mentioned in your posting. Is it a replacement input shaft for the gearbox, therefore involving a box rebuild? Is it an adapter to make the renault apline and ford spline mate up?

Cheers in advance

Malcolm

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
Malcolm

Its a replacement shaft to suit the renault at one end and the Ford the other. The box does require splitting to install but its not a big job. The new shaft is much stronger than the standard item.

Andy

Back