Care and feeding of the ZF

My ZF is spotless and ready for the initial test assembly. Spotless but ugly. Or is that butt ugly? Two things.......

First: Is the some kind of bolt beautification package available. All my bolt heads have surface rust and a nice set of high grade stainless hex head cap screws would look a lot better.

Second: What is the best lube to run in a ZF? I run Mobil 1 in everything. Is there any problems using Mobil 1 in the ZF? I know it causes the balking rings in my Lotus to be less effective.

Thanks in advance.

The Pantera Forum has been mentioned before. They've got a whole ZF section - click here to check it out.

Here is what Lloyd Butfoy had to say about lubricants:
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>
Hello, synthetic oil Motul, Moblil 1, Valvoline all good,It will help shift smoother, ,you can run the standard 80-90wt as most owner do with no problem.I am installing a 6-speed this weekend in my pantera and I am going to use Motul synthetic.The key is to change your tranny oil on a regular basis to keep an eye on it,like after a long run or after a track event weekend
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ARP sells the hex cap stainless fasteners you want. Just measure up what you need and give them a call. My Getrag gearbox has all ARP fasteners on the exterior and it really does look nice.

Back