Mufflers

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
Any recommendations / experiences? I'd prefer an off-the-shelf cansister with reasonable
shocked.gif
damping.

Neal,

I have 1 3/4" tubes, 3" collectors, four inch resonators, and three inch outlets. I had to add baffles in order to pass DMV. I used the three disc inserts from Car Chemistry. There is no apparent loss of
power, only db level. The exhaust still plays that wonderful crossover tune, but isn't audible from three miles away, only two! I kept the inserts in the pipes, as negative input (a ticket) from the local police was only a matter of time. A neighbor of mine likens the sound to an 8 cylinder motorcycle on steroids!

Bill

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Try looking into supertrapp mufflers.

Plenty of options, and they can handle
up to 400HP per muffler. They use discs
as well to dampen sound, and the results
are quite favorable.

Ian

G

Perfect timing for this topic.

I have my headers being built now by a friend who is copying them from the custom ones made for his RF 40 (A pair of 4 into 1's at 1-5/8" pipe into 3" collectors).

I had thought about a pair of 6" dia, 3" in / 3" out mufflers either Magnaflow or similar.

Any thoughts about sound differences if the 2 sets of 4 into 1's are not joined ?( ie a balance tube or cross over tube before the mufflers) Acoustics is such a black art that I dont really want to put up the hard earned cash to find out the system sounds like crap.

Your thoughts are appreciated.
Cheers,
RV

Back