Renault 21T Quaife Conversion Kits - interested?

Hi all,
I have posted most of the details below before but would like anyone interested in purchasing this conversion to get in touch as an order is being prepared and therefore I have re-posted in its own thread. Some ratio details are included at the bottom.

Previously-
"Hello all,
A number of people have shown interest in the Quaife conversion kit to fit the Renault 21 Turbo transaxle. The kit was designed by GTD Club member Derek Bell who developed it for use in his Chevy powered GTD Lola T70.
A beast of a car powered by a dry-sumped 350 Chevrolet that can make good use of the improved properties of the DB Quaife conversion.

The kit comprises a new one-piece main shaft with its diameter increased to a full one inch, is made of superior material and has a standard Ford Spline cut to accept for example Cosworth or Mustang clutch assemblies. This replaces the standard smaller two-piece shaft that necks down still further where the quill shaft joins. (a common breakage in more powerful cars)

Onto this shaft are cut new gears with a straight cut first and longer ratios on both first and second. New replacement matching gears for first and second are provided for the lay shaft. A complete kit of modified bearings to fit the larger diameter shaft are included together with new seals for shaft entry and exit points.

As a kit, Derek also includes a set of instructions detailing the assembly process of the new components, including ratio charts and exploded diagram of each shaft assembly.

The kits really are state of the art as far as the Renault 21 box is concerned and when combined with a Quaife ATB can transform the driving characteristics of most cars, whilst affording bomb-proof reliability (thus far) to the more powerful cars.

To be viable, a run of at least five kits needs to be ordered with the likely cost being approximately £1600 to £1800 each (excluding the ATB diff). So if you are genuinely interested, (deposits would be required upon ordering), please post on this thread and mail me so the details can be forwarded to Derek. Further details can then be provided by return.

This kit has been fitted to four cars to date, three of which have in excess of 500BHP and all have proven 100% reliable thus far after several seasons of competition including many track days, sprints and hill climbs. The two car’s fitted with this conversion that competed this season in the friendly Club Championship, took 9 first places and 7 second places of the ten rounds contested. Cheer’s Derek!"

The ratios are standard but have a longer 1st and 2nd.
1st goes from 3.364 (11/37) to 3.0 (12/36) and 2nd from 2.059 (17/35) to 1.94 (18/35).

This, according to Derek's notes lifts 1st to 48 MPH and 2nd to 73 MPH, both at 6500 rpm although tyre size will play its part also. (We have managed 86MPH in second - at some 7950rpm! - Roys engine so he can rev as much as he likes!)

This is a superb conversion as I and any of the following will testify:
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
Although to be fair, Malcolm has not had a chance to try too much yet, he has already mentioned 'butt kicking for 2003' - whose?

If you are serious about purchasing a kit and want more details - drop me or Roy a line and we'll get back to you.

Remember - the kit was deisgned by club member Derek Bell who owns all rights over the conversion. If enough people are interested, we will pass all details to Derek who will liase with Quaife.

Note to wives - 'would make a lovelly Xmas present!!' - ho ho ho

regards

Santa (sorry PaulT)

Ron Earp

Admin
I think Malcolm may have some other butt kicking tricks for 2003.....

R
smile.gif

G

Yes Ron, but will I end up kicking my own butt again?

Malcolm
grin.gif

Hi all,
Last call for Renault 21T Quaife conversions as previously detailed -

Roy Smart has informed me that he has 4 confirmed - If you are interested - let me know now so I can inform Roy / Derek etc etc.

regards

Paul T

Paul,

I need a confirmed date for the bits. They will be no good to me mid season. If it can't be done I'll have to find an alternative. Please let me know ASAP.

Regards,

J.P

G

Paul,
Reconfirming our Autosport Show conversation.Yes.
Graham @ GTA Racing.

MWGT40

Supporter
Graham,

I have confirmed to Roy that I would like one but just to make sure, you can take this as "count me in!"

Martin

Back