fuel solenoid - constant duty

Greeting,

I am looking for a pair of fuel solenoids that can be used "constant duty". The NOS solenoids are good for a 20 second duration and that won't do. Does anyone have a source for "constant duty" fuel solenoids?

Thanks,

Mark

G

Mark, I am using one of the pollack 6 port valves two lines from tank to valve and one to fuel rail/ one return line from rail and two return lines to each tank. Feed and returns are selected in pair so you return to the tank you are feeding from. The valve also selects the sender unit from the active tank to send to fuel gauge. So far so good with mine. You have to be a little careful with wiring the gauge because there is one and only one way for it to work properly (I know from experience;-) BTW, it is rated to 90 psi.

PS The also make 3 port valves. I think they have around 4-5 different models.

[ March 03, 2003: Message edited by: Lynn Larsen ]

I use Jaguar units that only open when energised, and these are wired into the fuel pump feed, so that each tank is isolated until the pump for that tank is turned on. I have the part numbers somewhere! Frank

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
These are frequently used in diesels where the only way to shut the engine off is to stop the fuel supply. You may be able to obtain them from Caterpillar or Cummins diesel. If you don't find a source elsewhere, send me a PM and I will try to find a CAT part number for something that will run on 12 volts and is open when energized, closed when off.

Back