Check out the plumbing

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
Finally things are visually on the move.Today we trial fitted the new headers and to do so had to fit motor/transaxle etc and all went well.Once the headers are finished I have decided to ceramic coat in black.I have to admit a certain level of excitement when the headers went on.Don't they look great!!!!!
headers3.jpg
Regards Ross

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
Roos,

I see the tutorial from Ron has helped your pictorial skills. You are like a kid with a new toy.

The 40 is looking great and I love the headers.

Best wishes,

Robert

Ross,

Is the ZF flipped a la original?
And, is that the RF cage or someone else's.

Looks great, and I'm sure it will be a terror
on the track.

Ian

Good work Ross !
Did you put on the rear clip and check the clearance between the pipes and the roof of the clip yet? I'm sure it's fine but that was one thing that happened to me and
it scorched the paint a little. I had to wrap the pipe cause the number seven tube was bent too high and left little for clearance.

Hersh
smile.gif

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
Mark
The headers are being made by a local expert welder. The primaries are 1 3/4".
Thank you MKiv J6.
Hershal
Yes I did put the rear clip on and there is about 20mm or 3/4" above the #7 pipe.Did you have less than this? I did find the collectors could have been lowered further but I ain't gonna change them now.Did you ceramic coat your headers? I believe this keeps the heat contained quite a bit.
Ian K
The ZF is from a BMW M1 and did not need to be flipped.Yes the cage is from RF and fits like a glove like you would expect,Robert has always attracted high quality tradesmen and Graeme who welded the roll cage has done a top rate job.
Thanks for the nice comments guy, you can see more pics on my website under Ross' cars.
Regards Ross

Back