Headers--I hope

null
fc6477d3.jpg.orig.jpg

Mate I think you are doing it correctly, just the actual link seems to be not working.
Some of the guru guys on the forum could help you out.

Nathan,
We sure would like to see your headers.
Please E-mail them to Ron or anyone else here that can host them then post them for us. In the mean time you could tell us about them.
I'm sorry but I'm unable to host photos but somebody on this forum will volunteer I'm sure.

Hersh
smile.gif

Thanks a lot GARY
grin.gif

The flanges are 1/2" steel. I used 2" tubing for the primary's. The collectors and tubing was purchased from Schoenfeld Headers in Van Buren, Ar. www.schoenfeldheaders.com.
The tubing is what is called a box of bends. It's about 35" of all kinds of bends. what you see is two weekends of work and about $400 of Material. the next step is to ceramic coat them.
All comments are welcome.
Nathan

Not much room in a few places !!!
shocked.gif

Are you using the mechanical injection, or converting to EFI?

Mike,
The transaxle is a Porsche G930 from a Turbo 911. The clutch , pressure plate, flywheel, throwout bearing and adapter were made by Kennedy Engineering of Palmdale, California.
Nathan
grin.gif

I don't believe the FE Ford is in their catalog. It's great to know they did it.

Now someone can do a big block MK II replica without breaking the bank on a trans/adapter.

Is your car running yet?

MikeD

Howard Jones

Supporter
I see that you are in Calif. I'm live near the San Francisco bay area. Where are you? If you are nearby I would love to drop by for a look at your car and a chat. You are of course welcome in my garage also.

I live in lancaster about 70 miles north of LA. 20 minutes or so from Willow Springs International Raceway>
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

To be manufacturing the exhaust system is a sign that you are nearing that stage when you can turn that key and start your engine.
This is a stage I am also at.

A couple of questions that may assist me.
(1) The collectors appear to intrude into the silencer. Was this fabricated or were you able to purchase the muffler with the collector protuding?

(2) Were you able to tune the pipe lengths to equal length with the crossover system?

Your exhaust sytem looks neat and tidy and would be the talking point when lifting the back clip.

Cheers Glayne

Back