Audi 016 shifter modification

Just how have people modified their internal shifter linkage to exit on the right. I made up a external setup to keep it coming out on the left hand side, crossing over the top of the transaxle, and then proceeding up to the right hand shifter. Seems to work fine. Any pictures would be great!

Neal,

Great pics. Thanks.
Any info on the Audi 016 seems appreciated by the GT40 builders as it's the best affordable transaxle for the common working man.

Have fun!

John

Neal, Nice site on the shifter. Is that assembly for sale or do you have to make it your self from plans shown on that site???

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
Not mine Bill. I came across it while looking for ideas. I am in the process of building something similar. My shifter will have the side to side linkage mounted behind the transmission shift linkage to support my console mounted shifter. I should be done in another week or so. I'll post some pics.

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
Linkage update. A friend turned this piece of art from stainless. Good stuff...

Apr30_015.jpg

Neal,
Nice looking piece. How is the threaded rod fixed to the main selector piece? The one on the web page you referenced looked like it was welded (probably why he used 304)...

Back