Valve Covers

Chris Melia, a Forum member and an ocean of GT40 knowledge, will be offering Gurney-Weslake replica valve covers, in the very near future. The prototype looks great!
Search Gurney-Weslake for photos and info.

Thanks for the quick response, however, I was looking for the non-Weslake application. I've seen several pictures of them. They look like they have a box welded on to the center of the valve cover with two fillers attached. I wish I was a little more computer savy so that I could cut and paste a picture of what I'm talking about. Thanks again for the quick response.

Mark

Can anyone assist me in where I can locate a set of the original Mk1 valve covers with the twin fillers? Or, maybe a manufacturer of the same? Thanks. (Great forum)

Mark,

I ordered the Chris's ones so if you are interested in my old ones , just send me an email.
They are the Ford Motorsport black covers.
Rgds
Fred

Zander, Jim Rosenthal once emailed me and said he had seen some original ones for $1500. You might also check with James Giacomo (Giacomo6)to see where he got his. You may just have to have some made, going by some good photos.

Fred/GT40:
Thank you for your response. I'm trying to keep the car as original as I can so the original covers are somewhat of a must. Sounds like you have a set of Gurney/Weslake heads now. I had a set on a '66 GT-350 and man, do they flow. They look cool, too. Congrats.
Mark Clapp:
$1500? Ouch, but everything else on this car is expensive so I don't know why I'm surprised. I'll check into the names you gave me and if I had an original cover to copy, I'd make a few sets and save the next guy some money.

Thank you everyone for your response.
smile.gif
The headaches I've gone through....

Back