WHERE CAN I FIND BRAIDED STEEL BRAKE LINES?

Have looked at Autozone, Pepboys, Summitt. SAutozone said that Nopi may have them. Recs appreciated. cb

G

Chip, when I have bought this and the Aeroquip braided SS locally, I have paid through the nose for it. Pegasus is the supplier I have used for most of the AN stuff I have used on my car, including the Teflon braided SS brake lines and fittings. Their catalog has instructions for making the lines as well. They are very easy to make up, so it doesn't make sense to pay the big bucks for ready mades, IMHO. Check them out at www.pegasusautoracing.com

I had a set made by a company named Goodridge USA, Inc. in Mooresville, North Carolina. The set of four lines cost $105 and that was with funky metric end fittings. The phone number is 704-662-9095, ask for Dan. They make lines for Earls and Russell. You can get a DOT sticker for an additional $40 if your state inspects the lines. I asked what the difference was and they said that all of the lines are tested to the same specs. Great service and the lines cost about the same as rubber.

Back