Position of Periscope vents & Twin nostril mods...

I'm off to see a local glass-fibre fabrication company on Friday, & will be quizzing them regarding fitting my Periscope vents to the rear deck. Does anyone have an 'aerial' picture showing the exact location of the vents?

Also I wish to have the twin nostril panel modified so the vents are much deeper & the same size as the radiator. I wish to improve airflow thrui the rad, decrease cabin temperatures & maybe improve fromtal downforce. ISTR Chris Melia has done this mod, does anyone have any pictures of a similarly modified nostril panel?

Regards & thanks in advance,

Julian,

My DRB came with a similar nostril panel.
It is a very tight fit at the bottom of the
radiator. I don't get any heat from the front end into the cabin, nor any air
compression in the front compartment.
I will take photos, and e-mail them to you,
if you would like. Let me know.

Bill

Bill,

Yes please, I'm after as much info as I can get.. If I can take a photo to show the Glass-fibre company it would be a great help.

Regards,

Bill
One point on your vents. My MK-IV has rear brake ducts which I modified to blow on the engine rather than on the rear brakes as I found the ducts overcooled the brakes on the street.
Best
Jim

G

There was a weekly publication called 'The Encyclopedia of Supercars' put out by Orbis Publishing in 1991, or thereabouts. Each week featured a different supercar and there were front, side, rear and birdseye view photos of each one. Possibly not a lot of help for you Julian, as the featured GT40 (Vol 2, issue 16) was, I believe, 1084 (painted to look like 1075). The photos are very clear, however, and I have posted this as a reference for others as some of the pictures do not appear in any of the more recognised GT40 books.

[ June 26, 2002: Message edited by: Brian Stewart ]

Mark,

Yes please, I have a rough idea where they go, but any measurments, (perhaps relative to the central rear deck vent) would be a great help.... I only want to fit them once!!

Julian,

My LeMans-style louvered panel on top of the rear clip is 12 inches long by 18 inches wide. The base of each scoop is 14 inches long with the front part of the scoop protruding above the deck and forward of the base. The longitudinal midpoint of the base of the scoop is about 7.2 inches aft of the front of the louvered panel, and the front of the scoop inlet is about 3.25 inches forward of the front of the louvered panel, if you were to extend that line to the right and left. The longitudinal centerline of the scoop is about 7.5 inches from the side of the louvered panel.

Hope that helps.

[ June 27, 2002: Message edited by: Mark Worthington ]

Julian,
I have some that maybe you can use. I don´t know how to post them in here so I will try to send them to you by mail.

Regards,

Javier

[ June 27, 2002: Message edited by: Javier Jose ]

G

Julian

Get thee to Ye Olde Goodwood on 6th July. Persicope and deep twin nostril cars will be present for your hearts content. 5 GTDs in total competing with Aston Martin Owners club.

Malcolm

Malcolm,

I'm Competing in the Wessex sprint at Castle Coombe on the 6th, otherwise I'd be there! thanks anyway!!

Javier, I recieved an email from you , but accidentally delted it before I read it!! Could you re-send please?

Many thanks,

Back