Granada suspension..Which model?.

Hi everybody,

I know that some UK replicas (Tornado and GTD) used or use the Ford Granada suspension and breaks.

Can anybody tell me from what particular year and model they come from?.

Also I would like to know if something newer but still affordable can be use, as the Ford Scorpio suspension and breaks. (Again from what particular year and model?)

Many thanks to all,

Javier

Javier, I don't know what the particular models were for those cars, but the GTD40s club has a spares database which quite frequently has those items for sale because owners are upgrading. Join the club and get the mag for reference. The GTD guys are a great bunch and have given me loads of help, not to mention the mountain of parts I have purchased from members. Brian

Hi Javier,

The Granada Cosworth hubs and brakes are better but I cannot remember what year.

However, if your budget can run to it I would suggest you up-grade to peg drive. These utilise the same Granada bearings and seals but have a much stronger spindle and custom made front and rear uprights.

Frank Catt at Wealden Engineering is developing a new and stronger front upright and can supply all the components you will require at a reasonable price. You can contact him by e-mail:- [email protected]

Back