GTD Suspension???

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
Hello. I am in need of dimensons for the front suspension for the GTD 40. If someone could provide the dimesions for the following it would be greatly appreciated.

Upper control arm:
1) Distance of center of ball joint to center of ball joint; (49 1/4?)

2) Distance between where upper control arm mounts to chassis, please do not include spacer thickness; (27 1/4?)

Lower control arm:
3) Distance of center of ball joint to center of ball joint; (51 1/2?)

4) Distance between center of mounting bolts for lower control arms; (24 7/8?)

Thanks

G

Gregg,

The only ref you need if you want to change your shocks : 140/095 from AVO, i just bought a set of 2 pieces for the front, great quality and price very cheap 230£ including freight from U.K to France.
Ask for Nigel, nice guy, i got my shocks in a week during christmas holidays, payement by Visa.
Cheers

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
Fred, Thanks for the info, however I needed to verify my measurements prior to making modifcations to the chassis and suspension points. Thanks Gregg

G

Sorry Gregg, can't help as I have taken a hack saw to my front suspension arms too many times playing around myself with them! So if anyone has a standard set for sale I would be interested to acquire them.

Malcolm

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Gregg, if you would like yours repaired, or new wishbones made let me know. I can use Davids as a pattern and depending on the state of yours either repair or remake.
Henry
HCA Fabrications

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
Hi Malcolm, Thanks for the input. I have a virgin set of A arms which I may be selling. How soon do you need an answer? Gregg

Henry/David, Thanks for the offer but it looks as though I may need to make new arms with different geometry. I'll let you know and keep your email address. Thanks Gregg

[ January 27, 2003: Message edited by: Gregg ]

Back