Pics of GT-40s w/ 17 inch wheels

Happy New Year to all. Wondering what a GT-40 looks like with 17 inch wheels.... Although I have hundreds of pictures, there are none of cars with 17 inch wheels. If anyone has a a few side views of a GT with 17 inch wheels and can post them, it would be much appreciated.
Many Thanks,
Brian

[ January 01, 2003: Message edited by: Brian ]

G

Hi Brian

Am sitting here printing the next GTD mag and I can tell you that there are 4 different cars pictured with 17 inch rims, from a variety of angles. It is one of those things you take your choice on, ie do I like it or don't I like it! You know my preference!!!!!!!!

Keep sane
cool.gif

Malcolm
grin.gif

Here is a picture of a CAV with 17-inch wheels (and Gulf flares) from Gary Gibbs' website:

100-0007_IMG.jpg

Looks pretty good to me. I would also expect that a shorter sidewall is a stiffer sidewall, making for better turn-in.

Brian,

My GT has 17s with gulf flares (and is lower than the picture posted above). I will send you a few photos.
smile.gif

Brian
check out the cav40 web site and click onto galleries,you should see a blue gt40 with 17" wheels.

Thanks Mark I am out of town or I would have responded earlier. The car is up very high as it does not have engine or transmission. I dropped the springs as much as possible in the rear but still to tall. There are several photos on the web site, and I am going to post more when I get back.

I was hoping these pictures would show up.
Jerry you car is F'in beautiful I love my RF but DAMN that car is tough.
When can we fire it? Just call and keep me posted.
John

Lucky for me I have someone computer savvy in my life. I could not build a web page if I had to. Amanda spent many hours putting it together and we hope to continue adding PIC's of our car and others we come across.
John, ERA is building the oil cooler for the car and then it goes back into Hamilton Restoration for final detailing and firing.
So hopefully very soon. Of course Scott's
been hereing that for two years(at least). Hope you liked the PICS. They do take a long time to load. Hopefully the next ones will be of it driving down the road and not on back of a tow for less trailer.. Jerry

"Scott's been hearing that for two years..." Jerry, if someday my car looks as nice as yours, 2 years would be just fine by me. Your car looks to be "hips and tits."
grin.gif

G

Hopefully attached are photos of my 17" rims that Robert Logan from RF made for me. These are his bolt on halibrand style and were made to fit around my wilwood brake system.
you will note part of the cast section was polished to give the impression of a smaller diameter rim more in keeping with the "period" as you will see from the profile photo.
Regards,
RV.

fca5a1c1.jpg

fca5a1ac.jpg

G

Chris,
Front are 225/45 ZR17 Sumitomo's, Rear are 255/45 ZR17 also Sumitomo's.

Note the rear of the car is sitting about 20mm high and the front is about 10 - 15mm low at present and will be soreteed once I get wheel alignments sorted out.

Sumitomo's I hear are a good tyre (owned by Dunlop apparently)but were about A$1000.00 for the set fitted, balanced, etc. I havent driven on them yet but will soon.
Cheers,
RV

Hi,
Here my contribution to this subject. This is a picture of my GTD with 17" wheels.
They are Image GTD5. I'm using Pirelli PZero Dry tyres. Rear dim. 275/35/ZR17 front 225/45/ZR17. Great grip on dry surface but be very very careful in the wet.
zon_15.jpg

Back