Wiring Diagrams

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Does any body out there know if the earlier GTD cars only had one 6 way fuse box, and the later two ? And - if so does any body have the earlier wiring diagrams?
GTD were very unhelpful and would only send me their 'later' one. Please check your documents when you built you cars (if you kept them !!)
Dave Morton
tongue.gif

What do you want to know David, I have several copies of GTDs very poor early wiring diagrams, with all sorts of amendments, but they do need interpreting! Frank

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Frank,
Thank you for replying so quickly. Any thing
would be appreciated even if it has amendments. If you could possibly scan and send to [email protected] or fax to 01628 478847 I would be in your debt.
Dave

David,

I have a GTD wiring diagram from my 1991 car. It has only one fuse box containing 6 fuses. The diagram is titled 'GTD40 1987-' & is on 9 pages. As far as I can see it is mostly correct (ie the same as the loom!).

I'll fax it to you in the morning if you require, let me know by email.

Regards,

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Julian and Frank.
Thank you both. Julians wiring system is the same as mine and thanks for the faxes this morning.
Dave

Yuji

Lifetime Supporter
Hi, (beginner of GTD40)
I'm also looking for wiring diagram for my GTD40 (built around early 90') as the radiator fan dead suddenly and had to stop but do not know how to fix.
Also I'd like to know where fuse box stored? Tried to find, but no success yet.
Thanks in advance but it'll be appreciated if could fax diagram to following number?
81-44-577-1026

Hi Yuji,
The GTD's fuse box(es) are usually found to the left of the passenger under the dash, early cars had one - later had two.

Also, check the relay that feeds the fans in nose section as it was/is prone to failure if it gets repeatedly wet from rain etc.

Finally, check the Thermostatic switch on the Rad - if you short the two contacts together the fans should start.

Hope this helps -

Yuji

Lifetime Supporter
Thank you all for immediate help/offer. This is in fact great source for new comer to the GT40 world.
smile.gif
wink.gif
smile.gif

Don't be a stranger Yuji. Visit us often. It
would be interesting to here how people in your country like the GT40 when they see it on the streets there. Do you get lots of
questions about the car ?

Hersh
smile.gif

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Yuji,
How many GT40's are in Japan?
Probably extremely rare I guess. I thought
that imported cars are subject to all sorts of restrictions and tariff's - is that true/
As Hershal says, you are very welcome.
Dave M

G

I believe there are several GTD 40s in Japan as Ray Christopher once completed an order for 12 of them for a customer out there.Tied in with a Formula One sponsor or something along those lines i think!!! My memory is fading on this one.
Regards,
GTA.

Yuji

Lifetime Supporter
My GTD40 is one of those having been imported to Japan early '90s. I'm not sure how many of them are still exist, but my one is I believe still good condition (only 3,600 miles and kept at garage all the time before I bought few months back)although I have some problem on radiator fan last week end. W/ all your help, I have isolated it was due to fan itself, one dead and almost die the other one as well.
Does anyone can let me know manufacture/model number of those fan as I could not read on the labels.

Thanks
tongue.gif

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
I haven't got a clue Yuji but Ford make a twin fan unit thats fitted on the Sierra Cosworth and Kenlowe offer an electronic thermostat control and indeed they also sell
a variety of fans. There may be somebody here on the forum who will be able to identify the fans you have intalled. If you cannot get the identical ones to replace the original ones you have, I can find out some prices of these other units and let you know. Kenlowe are a reasonably well respected company here in the UK and are very helpful as well.There phone number is +44 1628 823303.
regards
Dave M

G

If the fan is the standard GTD item it should be a SPAL unit. There is a place in the northern half of UK that sells them at quite reasonable prices, I think about £40 each plus vat plus shipping. I am going to have to get my act together and sort out these contact details as I can remember basic details but not enough to be truly helpful!

Malcolm

G

Yugi,
The fans are as Malcolm previously stated SPAL and made in Italy and their part numbers are as follows.....
Type VA 10-AP9/C-25 12Volt.
Just shop around for best price!

Regards,
GTA Racing.

Yuji

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks for the part number of the fan. Will look for the best price thru web sites.
Thanks again!
wink.gif

Yuji,

Make sure you specify the suffix 'A' to the model number its VA10-AP9/C-25A . 'A' stands for Aspirante in Italian which means Sucking, you don't want the fan fighting the natural air flow through the radiator (you can get them Blowing as well).

I was offered those above at £35 each from the UK agent but chose the VA10-AP50/C-61A as its 50% higher throughput, but watch out because the current is also 50% higher at 12.4Amps per fan at 13 Volts. These fit as they are only 11mm thicker.

Regards
David Champ

Yuji

Lifetime Supporter
Wow, £35/each is pretty good deal as found $72.99~$74.99 in some of US sites like jaycorptech or slickcar. And in Japan that's more expensive, around double to US price.
DO I need to consider anything else when I would use AP50/C-25A instead of AP9/C-25A, like change fuse or relay?

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Typically, your fans will draw about 40a to 50A on start up and reduce to nominally 15A
once running. Either run a meter to check what they are drawing in terms of current or alternatively fit a Maxi Blade 30A fuse which should be sufficient.
Dave M

Back