Next year's competition events

G

Next year\'s competition events

I have started to organise next years events for the hill climb and sprint section of the GTD40's Car Club.

I would be interested to hear any comments anyone has, be it competitor or spectator or someone who just reads this forum and my postings.

What I am after is input into what events people want to do and with what frequency. It got a bit intense for competitors with an event every weekend for a month or so in the middle of this year. The wives and girl friends nearly killed the lot of us!

Certain events are sacrosanct but others are changeable.

Please let me know if the format of the reporting is ok/good/bad and if you are able to come watch, which events you like to come to.

Thanks in advance.

Malcolm

Re: Next year\'s competition events

Malcom,

If you guys would be interested driving on the Spa/Francorchamps circuit next year,pls let me know if/and some potential dates.
I am prepared to try to get this rolling with the organisers for you and get the Belgiam GTD guys over to meet you all.
Let me know.
Rgds
fred

MWGT40

Supporter

Fred,

I would be very interested in doing Spa. Keep me posted!

Martin

Hi Fred, Some of us went to SPA in June 2001 with Wheeltorque, It was a brilliant venue as you can imagine and everybody had a great time, I know that there are quite a few members that would like to return, myself being one of them i think we all need to arrange another visit

regards David
grin.gif

G

Yes please Fred, count me in for Spa. Preferably without the sort of rain you endured at Lydden!
shocked.gif

Hi there,
Count Roy and I in,last time we had oil pressure problems and we would love another blast now that we have sorted that problem!

On slicks this time!!

regards
Paul
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Robin and I will also like to be there, with the old Peril, subject to the date being suitable. Frank

I would also be very interested subject to the usual.

Dave Champ

G

Just so Fred does not get inundated with contact, please be advised that Fred and I are talking about what he can do. We will keep you posted if it works out.

Malcolm

If those involved in competition are interested in some new venues, I regularly compete in the ASWMC sprint series & one of the best events of the year is the Colerne sprint, on a disused airfield near Bath.

The course is 2900 yards long with some good long straights, is very wide (compared to hillclimbs!) with 7 corners & 1 'S' bend.

There is always a variety of entrants, including the 'big' stuff, ie F1-type V10 single seaters on slicks & big wings, often running as part of the british championship rounds. It would be an *ideal* venue for GT40's.

Also, there is a strong possibility of a new sprint venue in the South West next year. the location is still secret, as the details have yet to be finalised. If all goes to plan, this sprint will be one of the longest in the country, including a first straight of about 1/4 mile! again, this will be an ideal venue for GT40's.. if it goes official I'll post details.

There are a couple of sprints at Castle coombe each year, which is a pretty fast circuit, although not as fast as it used to be before the new chicanes were added a few years ago. I think noise may be a problem here, although I know Ultimas sometimes race there...

I don't suppose members are actively loking for new venues, but the above would be well worth a visit!

Malcom,Folks,

I talked to the organisers of Spa circuit explaining how we would like to go on the track (not racing).
They will come back asap with some date proposals to jointly share the track with others.
Keep you posted asap
Rgds
fred

Malcom,Folks,

Response sofar (as no definitive calendar dates confirmed yet) from Spa/RACB as follows:

Trough Wheeltorque organisers:
26/27Th May 2003
22/23Th September 2003

To give you an estimate on cost as per 2002 (and depending on number of subscriptions)
1 Day/1 car: 460 Euro + 25 Euro for lunch (summer)
400 Euro + 25 Euro for lunch
(automn)

Contact person: Martin Wooten
00 44 1429 881812
www.wheeltorque.uk.com

I will follow up in case other opportunities depending on Spa calendar but suggest to pursue this opportunity.

Keep you posted

Rgds
Fred

Back