Help needed for crazy idea!

G

I have been asked to get a number of 40's together for a race. In Greece! I have been looking into this for some time now but have struck a brick wall. There are at least 6 willing nutters who want to take part and licences, regs and all other matters are overcomeable quite easily. This just leaves getting the cars (only the cars) to Greece at a SENSIBLE COST.

We need the cars delivered there for about a week next winter.

Any practical ideas? Sponsorship? Loan of covered car transporter? Shipping has been frowned on so far.

Malcolm

Malc,
it may not really be feasible, but how about driving all the way there? My dad did it once - down through Italy to the heel (Brindisi?) then take a boat. Now that would be the road trip to end all road trips!

Best of all, your route could take you through the Stelvio pass - just like in The Italian Job. Just watch out for bulldozers in the tunnels and you should be OK!

The distance wouldn't be too much of a problem either. Just ask our American friends!

Charles
grin.gif
grin.gif

G

Hi Charles

Did consider that option but not everyone can take that much time off work. Also some of the cars are not road going so would have to be trailered. Trailers and Italian Job hairpins look a bit dodgy to me!

Keep the thinking hats on!

Malcolm

Malcolm,
I know it's not what you are after, but your tread is titled "Help needed for crazy idea!".
Here's my suggestion:
Just imagine, driving through Italy and have the convoy making a pitstop in Maranello.
You will of course be wearing your "Have you driven a F..d (abbreviation for F.rr..i)lately? and your Enzowho hats.
Not only will you be given a guided tour through the factory you will also get local tv coverage!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Back