Competition licences for 2003

G

To anyone who is doing hill climbs and sprints this year please take note....

I had been asked clarification on a number of points with regards to this years regs and have spoken with the MSA today.

In your license application form there is a self certification medical questionaire section. You need to fill this out. You DO NOT need a medical from your doctor.

If you are applying for a B license you have to run the car in road legal condition as your engine capacity is over 2000cc. See L7.1.5. Often the classes we enter are Sports Libre classes. Otherwise you need an A or A (Open) license. On a B License you can't run race tyres but have to comply with List 1A. I cover this in the club mag which should be out very soon!

I would suggest that if you previously held an A grade license you get the new A (Open) license this year. I don't fully understand all the differences between A and A (Open) but personally I wouldn't risk being down graded for the time being. Your call.

grin.gif
The A (Open) does not just apply to open topped cars!!!
grin.gif

Any questions either try me or call the MSA on 01753 681736.

Malcolm

G

Malcolm,
May i just add that those criteria only apply for sprints and hillclimbs but if you intend to race and it is your first licence application or you are over 45 you MUST have your doctor look at you and complete section 3.No licence will be issued without a medical examination for those criteria.
Regards,
Graham @ GTA.

Back