Brooklands Motorsports Weekend (15/16 Feb)

Hi John
Should be at least four there Sunday, weather permitting
cool.gif

See you there
Ian

Is that the SAGA Enthusiast Club car park your in IAN?
Your friend and still under 50
Chris
grin.gif
grin.gif

G

Relax guys, it stands for Sex And Games for the Aged, enjoy!

Andrew
shocked.gif

Hi Ian
now that you have removed the tail spoiler I suggest a luggage rack, should be able to get a standard NHS Zimmer frame on that, will save on the R and D.

I could spray it red and fit twin headlights for night use.

Your friend
Chris.
grin.gif
grin.gif

Chris
My car is actually on the SAGA stand,
they made me an offer I could'nt refuse Cheap car insurance for over 50's,
Cheap House insurance for over 50's
Great Holidays for the over 50's
Free incontinent Pads
I was wondering if you could manafacture me a collapsable zimmer frame to fit the Forty
Best Wishes
Your ex freind
Ian
wink.gif

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Weather forecast for the weekend :

SATURDAY: Some sunshine after moderate overnight (-6c) frosts giving way to some medium level cloud cover later in the day. Some mist in low lying areas clearing as the sun takes effect. Winds generally Easterly becoming South south easterly later. Rain should not be a feature.
Max shade temperature around 5 to 6c.

SUNDAY: Overnight frost again giving way to a much more cloudy day than Saturday. Possible but remote chance of rain from late morning.

Dave M

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Coincidence? as we're racing this w'end on the opposite side of the planet--it happens to be summer time,the temps range from 20c @ night to 33c daytime & about 90% humidity.
(thats Brisbane Australia) Can relate to the 50's bit, was looking forward to the seniors card last year but they moved the goal posts --like the dangling carrot for us baby boomers
cool.gif

Brian Magee

Supporter
Dave
Thanks for the weather forcast.
Hope there is not too much salt on the roads Sunday morning. Looks like a pressure washer job when I get home.

Flatchat
Wee will be thinking of as we stand there freezing!

Brian.

Brian,

Shame the event isn't in Hertfordshire, no danger of them bothering to salt the roads even when heavy snow is forecast!

Two weeks ago, when we had an incredible 2-3 inches of snow, it took me 5 hours to get from Stevenage to Welwyn Garden (about 7 miles) and Sue took 2 hours to cross Welwyn Garden a distance of hardly 1 mile!

Personally I'm not risking the salt.

Dave,

At least you've got a roof and a windscreen...I'll be taking my Porsche Spyder rep. so it's going to be really cold!

Looks like I'll just make the "under 40" enclosure - but only by a few weeks!

Looking forward to seeing you all on Sunday. I was hoping to make both days but SWMBO has deemed that we're now house-hunting tomorrow instead (which seems to be directly related to the fact that she's cottoned on that I'm after a GT40 - GRRR!!!!!!!

John S.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Brian,
I imagine the local authorities will be on notice to grit and salt from tonight so your
fears will be well founded. Buckinghamshire seem to grit/salt from about +3C downwards.
Have you tried helicopter tape on leading and sensitive areas ie wheel arches ?
Dave M.

G

Are you guys going up THE hill? If you do, be very careful at the top as if you go too quick you WILL take off and land nose first, as our esteemed (now retired from editing) editor did and did some minor damage to his car upon touchdown! It goes 1 in 7 to 1 in 5 to 1 in 4 then flat without much in between. Course record I think was 7.5 seconds but that was decades ago as modern cars would halve that time now. Where they would land would be interesting though.

Am quite fond of the place as that was where Wendy and I had our wedding reception. A good venue for anyone thinking of tying the knot!

Have a good weekend.

Malcolm

PS where do the under 40's go?

PPS Hey Cinqster, our house in on the market now. Triple garage, of which one is centrally heated! And trailer storage area. Should this go under the For Sale section?
grin.gif

[ February 14, 2003: Message edited by: Malcolm M ]

Back