Door Seals

Hi Robert

I've been continuing to look at the door seals but ignoring the area around the hinge which we discused last week.

As the body is currently aligned, the doors scrape the door seal adjacent to the rear edge of the side window. The scraping only occurs on the inside of the rear door edge after the door has opened a bit (just when you think the door is clear of the rest of the body).

Do you have any "magic" tips for this situation or should I move the doors forward a bit. I would prefer not to do that if I can avoid it because it would make the gap at the rear of the door wider than I would like.

Thanks

John

I've run into the same problem with the rear most portion of the door just rubbing against the spyder. It will have to be corrected else once painted it will damage the paint. Whan you installed the door seals did this change the fit? I also am loath to move the hinges forward as the rest fits pretty good. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
John,

Raid the wifes cosmetics and get some of her talk. Dust the door seals and tell us all what happens !!!!!!!!!

Best wishes,

Robert

That's a classic Freudian slip Robert.
(Mumbles something about the door never shutting up.) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Tim. (all talc' and no action) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yes - I tried that and got a lot of her talk, and most of it was not repeatable. I don't think I'll try that again.

Now, after having got my own talc I should be OK.

Thanks

John

Back