WEBER MANIFOLDS

It seems that the majority of original 40's with webers had the carbs the same way round (viewed from above) I have heard that this can cause one bank of cylinders to run lean, and that the manifold where each bank of webers is the opposite way round (with the fuel intakes on the outside) may alleviate this. Does anyone know if the above is correct?
confused.gif

Hi Roy
I know it was our discussion that raised this issue, but when you think about it, if the carbs are facing in the same direction then so are the butterfly's thus on one bank the butterfly's directs the incoming mixture towards the intake valves on half throttle were as on the other bank at half throttle they direct it away.
So one bank will perform more efficiently than the other, not the best situation.
On full throttle there is probably no real difference but how often will you be on full throttle.
I am sure that others will now respond to this very interesting topic.
Hopefully someone with a knowledge of fluidic's
Regards

Chris
wink.gif
wink.gif

Roy,

IS this better posted on the general forum, might attract more comment. Totally as a layman Chris's comment seems valid - I shall go the stock route with symmetrical arrangement.

David

Back