Fortyfication - December

Brian Magee

Supporter
I have just finalised the latest issue of Fortyfication and will be printing it this week. If all goes well they will be posted next Monday, just in time to miss delivery before Christmas!

This 36 page issue includes, amongst others, a report on the Le Mans Classic event, an article by Mike Coates on the manufacture of his Nine Port Grill and another by Lyndon Evans on Braking. It also includes a membership renewal form for the club, so if you are not a member, now is a good time to join the club.

Brian Magee

Can someone from the club send me a private
email.

I need membership info. I would like to
join for next year.

Thanks,

Ian

Brian,

Great magazine again, just read it cover to cover and it only arrived this morning!
As per your request to memebers, I'll try to write some copy for the next issue.

Regards
David

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
Brian,

I have not yet got my copy but I supose that that would be because I am NOT a member. I was a member for a LONG time as you would remember !!!!

I think that the International Members should get a different rate as ALL we get is the occasional Fortification and not the use of all the other facilities (or at least not a practical use of these facilities).

I for one would love to rejoin but 25 quid for two copies of the mag (previous editiors please note) was not good value for money (I could be from the land of kilts and pipes).

Please consider and send me a copy of Robins article on his visit to our fair land.

Best wishes mate,

Robert

Hi Robert,
Why don't you join then you would get a damm good magazine 4 times a year, even better we would love to have some articles from you!
Regards
Roy (Newbury chapter)

Brian Magee

Supporter
Hi Robert,

You are quite right, you did not receive a magazine because you are not a paid up member. What would be the point of the club if we sent magazines to all lapsed members.

I have no control over what previous editors did but I took on the job to ensure that club members receive four decent sized magazines per year.

I agree that International members, especially Australasians, should have a different rate, most clubs charge their overseas members more to pay for the extra postage.

If you can't afford the £30.00 maybe you should get Mervyn to send his over when he has finished with them.
smile.gif
smile.gif

Brian.

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
Brian,

I did not know the Mervyn was still a member (my brother). I hopefully can afford the fees as I just managed to afford to bring a GT40 from Australia to Le Mans this year.

The cost is not the question, the value IS !!!!!!

If we get value for money, and I would think that 4 plus quality magazines per year is value for money, than fine but I have paid my subs many times and did not get value for money an occasional photocopied few pages with the same ramblings.

In my opinion the club was in free fall after Ken Saunders let go the raines to live in France and the club has gone through many well meaning and less producing people at commitee level over the subsequent years. I am glad to see you in particular in the position of editor as I know you will do a good job.

I will send my 25 quid on Monday.

Best wishes,

Robert

Brian
email me with the cost of joining the club please. I would be happy to come aboard.

We are New Zealand club members and are very impressed with the quality of the magazine. We know that you would appreciate input from this end and will forward you photos and details of any kits that are built here in NZ. We agree with Robert Logan that the value in the past has not been there and wonder if the club would consider a different rate for Australiasians.
Steve and Gail from the Western Area attended a get together put on in their honour on the 29th December 2002. I am sure Steve will fill you in with a story and he also has video footage of one of our best club cars.
In New Zealand we are considering formalising our current social club the GT40 Owners and Constructors Club. We can share the magazine around or would the UK club consider emailing a copy to a club that we could then send out within New Zealand.
Clyde and Suzanne Thompson are part of our group and we are most impressed with the support and comaraderie that has been shown by the UK club members that have taken the time to help(see Consumer Watch). We are all crossing our fingers and are ready to help in any way we can.
Nick & Linda
smile.gif
smile.gif

Back