PICTURES AT AGM

Did anyone get a pictures of the 10 40s at the AGM last saturday, if so can some one please post them or email me some.
best regards
DICK.

Dick,

Here is my first attempt at posting a picture. It was a very grey day so the print is rather dark. Hope it works.

AGM%202003%20012A.jpg

My car is the Gulf blue behind the man standing at the front.

AGM%202003%20013A.jpg

Here are two more from higher up, blue to the right, red/orange to the left!

AGM%202003%20010A.jpg

AGM%202003%20011A.jpg

David

[ April 27, 2003: Message edited by: Dave Champ ]

[ April 27, 2003: Message edited by: Dave Champ ]

[ April 29, 2003: Message edited by: Dave Champ ]

Dave
Your pictures are 1st class, I wish I was as clever as you and then maybe I could post some of mine.
rolleyes.gif

Dave
Great pictures, my car is the 1st car in the 3rd picture with small gulf sticker on the nose. who's are the rest?

DICK.
smile.gif

In the 3rd picture: 1st cars yours; 2nd car is Brian Magee's; 3rd John Eward's; 4th don't know; 5th mine.

In the 4th picture: 1st car Ian O'Reilly's (PERRYS)(I still recognise it even without the spoiler and twin headlamps coz its trying to be a MkII with the ducts
grin.gif
); 2nd Roy Snook's; 3rd don't know; 4th Tony Jasper's; 5th green car (behind A-class) don't know.

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
I actually took many shots, line-up, front shots, wheel shots etc, but have not had chance to do anything with them as yet.

Won't promise anything, but I'll see what I can do this week.

Dave
Thank you for your kind observations of my Mk1 trying to be a Mk2, and yes the spoiler has been assigned to the bin, the head light covers have been sent overseas, but the rear scoops must stay.
If my memory serves me right I think Alan Mann raced a Mk1 with rear deck air scoops albeit an aluminium bodied lightweight that raced in the Sebring 12 hours by John Whitmore & Frank Gardner (retired after 8 hours with broken clutch).
So with these facts it does give my car a little credibility.
Yours
(Anorak) Ian
wink.gif

Brian Magee

Supporter
The 4th car in picture 3 I believe is Bob Charlton's. I don't know who owns the dark blue car in picture three, but the red transit is Richard Guest's. Will we ever see his car at an AGM?

Sorry Richard
grin.gif

Brian.

PERRYS,

There actually was an Alan Mann MKI with a set of snorkels on the rear. There's a photo of it in an "all French" magazine that I have. They absolutely need to stay on yours. Fran Kress has #1054 and it had them on it since the late sixties, he said.

Great photos guys.

Have fun!

John

John, Thank you for your reply and observations and yes I am afraid short of leaving two great holes in the rear clip they have got to stay. You can see a picture of the Alan Mann car in Ronnie Spain's excellent book A GT40 Individual Race History (page 300). If my fellow club members who shall remain anoymous (Roy, Brian) have their way mine will end up a lightweight with all the bits that have been removed.
Ian
wink.gif

Ian,

Extra holes in the rear deck are not bad, anything to reduce hot air under the rear deck
wink.gif

PERRYS,

You might be interested in this.

A few years ago I bought a china GT40 on a display base. It is a Mk 1, with a single radiator vent, and two air scoops on the rear deck. It is about 9" long.

The makers name was Rockfield Ceramics on 0455 282469 or 0533 393865.

It is the only GT40 model my wife is happy to have on display!

Geoff.

Back