OK: What is your PRESENT daily driver?

I'll start: 2000 Toyota Tundra V8 Extend cab-bought used in Aug 2000 with 7000 miles on it. Drive 22 miles each way each day in Atlanta (reverse commuting AGAINST traffic). Great tow vehicle and gatherer of materials for home projects (just built a fence this week and hauled two palletts of pickets today at (Home depot manager claimed) 3000 pounds each pallett-two trips. Truck WAS really squatting in the rear. Not done this since hauling marble for our bathroom project 2 years ago) cb

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
A 1992 BMW 730iL. I bought it about 5 years ago from the local BMW dealer - half the price of a new one, only 30,000kms, 2 year BMW warranty & free servicing. Best car I have ever owned & can see no reason to change !

Peter D.
smile.gif

1995 Acura Integra GS-R. Black on black
and loaded.

Bought it as a returned lease in 1998 with
less than 36K miles. Now I'm approaching
120K. Other than regular service, brakes
and tires, all I have had done is the clutch.
But, after 6 months of 180 mi round trip,
5 days a week commuting, I now go about
40 mi round trip 4 days a week and let Amtrak
and my feet take me to and fro.

Ian

[ April 14, 2003: Message edited by: Ian K ]

1998 ford contour SVT. Black, beautiful and completly stock. Paid $10,000 with 22,000 miles 2 years ago.

The last of the mad Z3 M Coupe's, when its dry, not that often here in the U.K! When its wet, Mitsubishi L200 Warrior - great!

Regards,

J.P

I drive a 1993 Toyota Paseo. It has 130,000
miles on it and it runs as good as when I bought her new. I can't get over the fact that this car still does not rattle, sqeek or make any wierd noises. The only thing that has really not lasted is the paint is fading from the Arizona sun and my neglect to wax.

Hersh
smile.gif

Bill Hara

Old Hand
GT40s Supporter
Just got myself a new daily driver for the next 4 years, a Ford Falcon XR6 Turbo ute (pickup)
7octute4.JPG

320 HP is fun to boot around too.

They still make Falcons down under.....

Bill

I have 2 toys that I play with one being a 81 Mitsubishi L200 4wd modified with a Magna head and modified fuel injection, extractors, twin 2" exhausts after muffler, 2" body lift kit, Front torsion bars wound up with 1" longer shackles and 1 leaf spring removed in rear to soften it to allow more wheel travel, locked diffs front and rear, running on 32/11.5/15 tyres. Barks like a dog and goes like a scalded cat. What a beast to drive!!
The other is a 84 Toyota Supra modified with a later model 3 litre turboed engine chipped and tweaked punching out 320hp at flywheel, 2.5" exhaust, dark tinted windows, 4 point racing harnesses, dropped 2" Koni shocks, running 245/50/14 tyres on factory 7" rims.

[ April 16, 2003: Message edited by: GapLapper ]

A 1996 Mustang with a spoiler on the rear.
Ok...it's my wife's Mustang and I'm stuck with the '80 Toyota Corolla. Can't wait for the 40 to get done!!

Have fun!

John

G

1990 Sierra Cosworth. A real hoot to drive and, despite it being 13 years old, there are still very 4 door sedans on the road that can stay with it.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
My daily driver for the last several months has been my Toyota Tacoma pickup, not a very interesting vehicle but reliable, cheap to run, and enjoyable to drive if you don't have to go fast or impress anyone.
TODAY! my daily driver was my boat! Finally, spring is here. A bad day on the water beats a good day anywhere else except a racetrack.
grin.gif

I currently drive a 1995 Ford Thunderbird. It's a Ford, it's got a V8, and it's only got 2 doors. I figure it's pretty good for a 17 year old.

Mitsu EVO 8.But I have to get back in my Expedition. I hear they are starting to hang my picture in post offices around town.

'96 300zx Twin Turbo 2+2.

Dyno 186kw (250 hp) at the rear wheels with gob fulls of mid range torque (can't remember the exact figure).

Has stock ECU and Turbo's (probably running a little over efficiency @ 14psi) Air flow converter and upgraded front mount intercoolers. Still, I would like to reach the magic 200kw at the rear wheels with the current set up. The next thing on the agenda is getting the all torque to the ground... that and my 100,000 km service.
grin.gif

Great Daily driver!! Reliable, great looking, and a blast to drive.
cool.gif

Cheers,

Danny

[ April 21, 2003: Message edited by: Danny Broomhall ]

BMW 540. Great car. Getting a new one this year if they have not screwed it up too badly on the exterior...

Back