New Guy, Car wanted

Hi,
I am a 'newbie' and just stumbled upon this site. I am looking into getting a GT 40 ...replica as
I do not have a million spare right now !!
Any help apreciated...like do I buy a kit? (which one) do I get a 'used' /previously owned car?
I will have to, reluctantly, sell my Caterham but I have always wanted a GT40.
Direct email to me is ok [email protected]

Many thanks, Roland

Hi Roland,

Welcome to the forum! First step in buying a GT40 rep is to join the two clubs,(gt 40 enthusiasts club & GTD club) both have links on the main forum page.

Cheapest way into ownership is to buy a used & registered car & rebuild if you require. They are not *that* common, but are around if you look hard. A good source for SH cars is the club mags.

The only kit suppliers in the UK at the moment are MDA GT40 and Tornado sports cars. Both have web-sites but I don't have the URL at hand. There may be a new importer of CAV GT40's but I don't have any info. From memory they trade as 'Thruxton sports cars'.

Hope this helps!

Hi Roland
As above - welcome to the place to be for anyone with an interest in the GT40. The Forum has been running for over two years now and you will not find a more knowledgable clan anywhere else. Use the search function initially for specific items as loads of topics have been aired already, but always feel welcome to ask - you'll surely get all the encouragement balanced advice you could ever need.

Finally - as Julian suggests above - check out both the UK clubs - They both have a healthy membership and cater for all recognised marques. As the links are currently not working, here is the <font color="red"> </font> link to the GTD40 Car Club ([url]www.gtd40club.co.uk) - Enjoy![/url]
<font color="black"> </font>

Roland,

Try www.gt40uk.com

That's the home of MDA.

I was in the situation as you this time last year. I joined the GTD40 club(very good).

And opted to buy a new car.

Regards,

J.P

Hi RJL

How big is your budget? I know of an excellent car for sale - but heres the rub - its one of the more expensive ones - about £39 - £45k.

If you are interested I can forward the details to you.

I have no connection with the car other than a friend of mine owns it.

Paul,

I love your car's livery. Thanks for the photo.

Have fun

John /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <font color="red"> </font>

Back