Goodwood Festival of Speed 2003

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Interested in knowing when people might intend on visiting Goodwood FOS this year. I am currently hoping to go all 3 days, but this might change.

(I also just wanted to check out the poll feature /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif)

Cheers,

Maxiboy

Brian Magee

Supporter
Hi Maxiboy

The Enthusiasts Club will be having a display in the main area at this event. The feeling of the club members at the AGM was that being a special year for Ford, we should have a presence there. We have therefore booked a 10m x 5m area which we hope to be showing two of the club members cars on. Come and put a face to some of the names you read on this forum and if you are not already a member, this will be a good opportunity to join. We also hope to have some GT40 merchandise on sale.

Brian.

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Hi Brian,

I was aware of this, as I was at the AGM, I even spoke to yourself briefly. I have been a member of the club for about 4 years, though that was the first AGM I had been to.

With this poll, I was just trying to get a consensus of opinion as to which day(s) people were most likely to be attending. However there appears to have only been 5 votes so far from over 20 viewings /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Maybe I should ask Ron to move it to the Worldwide Events or just the ALL GT40 section to get a wider audience?

Cheers,

Maxiboy

I'll be there as my car is involved in part of the Ford Display!

I will probably join the Enthusiasts club at the same time.

See you there.

I would like to go, just do not know at this time.

This event is not in the "Events" section (?)

On the subject of 100 years of Ford, Dunton is having an 'Open day" Maybe some GT40 owners would like to attend?
(Just thinking out loud!) It is an 'invitaion only' event, But I could get you 'invited'
A static display and a 'parade' around the test track is the bottom line.

Thanks,
Roland

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Roland,

For Friday & Saturday you can turn up & pay on the day (though costs slightly more than pre-booking), Sunday has to be booked in advance.

Go to their website Goodwood Homepage and follow the menu for Motorsport then Festival of Speed.

Yes, I did suggest in one of my follow up posts that maybe I should ask Ron to move it to the Worldwide GT40 Events section. I don't want to start another poll, as it would be nice if it could be moved and the votes be contiguous.

Cheers,

Max

Roland,
I take it you are working at GB15?.... I'm just down the road at TH. Want to meet for a beer? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Brett

Hi Simon
I think you will need to change the description of your car now to
Gold MK11 GT40 No 5 colour scheme as raced at Le Mans 1966.

Regards
Chris. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Is there a special park area foreseen for our GT40's or we park in public area for these days?
Tx
Fred /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Brian Magee

Supporter
Just to update you all on the club stand, it is stand 358 which is to the left and at hte back as you come over the circuit footbridge. It should be easy to find as we now have some large banners that will be attached to 15ft high flagpoles.

As mentioned before we will have the RML40 of Chris Notley on the stand. Eric has recently spoken to the owner of an original car. The car is 1042 and as long as it is still in one piece after its outing at Brands Hatch it will also be on display on the club stand.

There will be three members in attendance on all three days to speak to the public and hand out our new leaflet to prospective members. All club and forum members are more than welcome to drop by. Dick Townsend will be there all three days with the new club regalia. I shall be there with Allan Feldman on Friday and Roy Snook on Saturday, and Eric Smith and Chris Edwards will be manning the stand on Sunday.

Its going to be a busy weekend. Look forward to seeing you all there.

Brian.

Hi all
I am reliably informed that the new Ford GT will be on display at Goodwood.
I will be attending the show all weekend.
Regards
Chris

Brian Magee

Supporter
It looks like I put a jinx on 1042 by my post above. Unfortunately it crashed at Brands Hatch yesterday damaging both the front and rear bodywork. Obviously it won't now be on our display but Allan Feldman is busy phoning round for a replacement original car, If one cannot be found in time I have been asked to take my GTD. Hopefully Allan will come up trumps

Brian.

Brian Magee

Supporter
Hi Mike
Yes I did see you post. It is a great shame the car won't be there but I have just returned from the build up at Goodwood. The club stand looks great and a lot of hard work has gone into getting it set up. I was there for six hours today and didn't get a chance to walk round to see the other cars but I am told the place is littered with GT40s. I will be there all three days. This is definately the place to be this weekend.

Brian.

Back