Paint shops in Herts

Not strictly on-topic since this is for my brother's car and not a 40... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Can anyone recommend a good paint shop in Hertfordshire or the surrounding counties? If they'll take on a 40 they should be able to do the things my brother wants (in particular he wants a stripe painted, but the people he's spoke to so far are more interested in easy insurance jobs).

Thanks for the help guys

Ian

One of my neighbours/friends has a mate who did his training at AML. I beleive this bloke has now set-up his own shop somewhere around Birmingham (don't know if that's too far). I'll ask him when I see him and post back.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Possible source: Bodytone in Wokingham (near Reading, Berks).
Alternative idea - vinyl stripe which most advertising signwriters can cut and almost any colour you choose. AND you can always remove it again.
Dave M

Ian, I restored a 69 firebird 400 c/vertible couple of years back. I used Kings langley garage (i'll check their name again) who are on the 'happy valley' trading estate!!.
They did a great job - part bear metal- leading/patching etc. So a couple of stripes should be a piece of cake.They did not charge a fortune and I know Bob Harman had his shelby 350 redone in there recently. Come back if u need the tel number etc.

Thanks very much for the replies guys.

Dave - I already suggested a vinyl stripe, but my brother insists on paint. Wokingham is a bit far, but might be worth the trip if they will do the job.

Keith - Kings Langley is nice and close, I'll check them out. I couldn't find that exact name, does this sound like the place?

Langley Autocraft
Unit A-F, Happy Valley Ind Est Primrose Hill
Kings Langley Hertfordshire WD4 8HD
01923 269456

Thanks again chaps

Ian

Ian - sorry been away. Yes Langley Autocraft. Good guys. mention me and the car, and they will know i still care!!
KK

Back