In Love

So, there I am looking at the ford website and I stumble across the new GT40, the car seems so familiar, so off to google I go. Suddenly it all makes sense, this is the car (toy) that I once had as a child and had destroyed for being ugly, but oh how times change, I've fallen in love with it. The last few days I've been looking around at various websites collection info and pictures.

Im only just 18, so realisticly I cant get my hands on one of these badboys, but wow, I've promised myself I will one day. At first I seemed to favour the concept over the original but after finding several cars with decent paint jobs I've changed my mind, the MkII is fabulous.

classicgt40.jpg

For instance ^^^ wow.

Just my two cents, so where do I go from here?

mudda,

You have been bit....when I was only 14 it was the original mustangs and I caddied at the golf course and picked up dog s#$t at the kennel until I had enough to buy a 68 stang. Had it for several years and loved it, frame rails rusted out and I had to give it up for parts. Now I own a Cobra that I built with my father and am aiming at a GT40 in about two years..putting all my extra money in a top secret account earmarked for some nice kit manufacturer. Start saving now man...when you build one and drive it, it will be worth the wait.

[ QUOTE ]
The car in the picture is a MK I not a MK II /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

So the MK1 must be my favourite /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

It is indeed a vsry pretty car! would anyone care to take a guess on the wheel size? Looks like 16" rims to me & they look spot on!

Howard Jones

Supporter
OK here's the deal. You can have whatever you want in life, just not everything at the same time. Buy a serviceable pickup truck and save all the money you will spend on "cars" the next few years. Find a girl who has a better job than you, has a garage, and move in. Learn to cook and pickup after yourself. Collect tools. Get rental space for parts you will be collecting. Buy the good stuff, used, the first time. Watch this space for a bare frame with body pannels, the rest you can work out later. Never mention love for GT40 to her!. Good luck!

Nice idea, I had considered prostitution, but heh I have a new game plan /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Just out of interest, how easy would it be to fit someone of 6ft6 and still growing into one of these things?

Howard Jones

Supporter
The big people all say that there are ways to make more room, lower floor, deep footwell option, Gurney bubble, etc.
I'm 5'3" and I think it's small inside. Find one and try it out. Mine's complete enought to sit in and there are others in the area. N Cal USA. Where are you?

Hi Neil,
Where can we find such a Ford airfilter.It looks nice and is flat enough to place?
Tx
Fred /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Brett,
Called Cobra wich is Europaspares.
They told me that Cobra does no mkae them anymore with Ford logo.
I did not receive your tape.

Rgds
Fred

[ QUOTE ]
Just my two cents, so where do I go from here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Start saving now!

It'll be worth the wait, I asure you.

Regards,

J.P

Fred,
I'll re-copy and send to you. Apologies, we've had a few problems with post going missing around my way recently, firend sent a book to my other half last month... never appeared, along with wedding replies etc. Not Good. I'll sort it out this weekend.

Brett

Back