CLUB TRACKDAY - Monday August 18th 2003

Expected Trackday Visitors

• Can't wait - Already booked for track time!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bringing 40 for lunchtime parade / photoshoot

• Visiting to support, spectate + have a good time!

• Hoping for a ride

• Doing something more interesting that day - (yeah right!)

• Total voters
Hi all,

as it is now less than 7 weeks to the club track day - I thought I might try the poll feature to see how it works and to give an idea of numbers. So if you are currently polishing, cleaning, building, repairing, panicking? take a break and cast your vote.
Goodwood%20Grid%20Soft.JPG

Not quite sure how many responses I'll get but will be interesting after the event to compare.

(Lets just hope someones booked good weather!)
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Hi all,

I have decided not to SVA the '40 before the Track Day but I will trailer the car down. I assume this will be OK i.e OK for track use although not legal for road use ?
See you all there.

Regards, Paul.

Hi Paul,
What a Dilema, had to vote for the" Doing something more interesting" category i'm afraid as I'll be at the Monterey Historics and Pebble Beach Concours that week-still I enjoyed last year so I hope you all have a really great day! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Come on Roy & Chris Get a Life !! how are they going to get 40 / Forty's for the lunch time photo shoot with you two swanning off to America.
Could you arrange for your cars to be present for the shoot /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hi Ian
we thought that we could get you some custom goodies for your GT40
Just list what you need and we will see to it.
Anyone else that wants to add to the list please post.
Regards
Chris

Hi Roy
my cases will be full of white wall tires and 8 foot Kenworth chrome stack exhaust pipes for Ian.
Regards
Chris

Thanks Chaps for the bit's you have suggested bringing back for me they will be fine,could I just add a few items for the Forty, like Mud Flaps, Roof Rack, Rear window wash/wiper, Mag mount CB Roof antenna with double sided stickey tape. Southern Cross (Just Like the Duke Boys)
Can't think of anything else for the moment.
Err Boy's do you think we ought transfer this topic to the Enthusiasts Clubs section before we get thrown off this one ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Yeh Roy !
Why don't you let Alan Take it, I could trailer the remains Back to your house. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
How did I miss this thread before?

Hey guys, you're making me nervous about the luck attached with Alan's old car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Anyway Ian, surely you'll need the dixie horn too?

Cheers all,

Max

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Well, I was finally able to make a vote as to what I will be doing. Unfortunately I had to go for the Spectating/Supporting only option, but still hope to have a good day out.

Maybe someone can give me a ride around the track? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cheers, Max

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Hmm, I seem to have hijacked this thread recently.

Anyway, just wandering if there was an agenda for Monday? Can't seem to find any times etc on the club web site.

Max

Malcolm

Supporter
Hi Max

Cars will be there I would guess from as early as 8 am but track normally opens at 9 am with a lunch break in the middle of the day, exact times can vary, and then track closes at 5 pm. There will be the monster track photo session during the lunch hour with a parade of all GT40s. Hope this helps with planning your day.

Just thinking on why Ol' Wye...sorry, why Martin can't be there on Monday. Next baby should not be an issue to stop you. After all there is an on-site Ambulance and I know of a few serious medical practitioners (you know, "gas men" and the like) who will be present to ensure a smooth delivery. Certainly it could give some good fodder and pictures for the next magazine!

So to anyone still comtemplating whether to come or not, just do it as the adverts say. You won't regret it.

See you all there

Malcolm

Back