CAV in the U.K starting price £68,000 !!!

I have now finally found out just how much a CAV will cost a U.K customer. A turnkey car, standard 302, fuel injected, getrag box etc. will cost £68,150 which includes VAT and road tax.

That is a little over priced IMO, especially since that is the sarting price!

Regards,

J.P

Sounds like a lot of VAT. We would be at something like $75k-$77k or so depending on the type of EFI system you are talking about.

Ron Earp

Admin
That is $111,000 USD! That seems to be quite high, especially considering what Gary just posted regarding the cost of the same car in the US. VAT is what, 18%? It is still quite high.

Ron

Ron,
Sure, VAT is 17.5%. Damn UK Gov are taxing the hell out of this country....

Pricewise the CAV is competing against some pretty special kit, ie top level 911's, & more money than a Noble and an Elise put together!

However If you want a GT40 I'm sure that doesn't matter!

I can't see many/any being sold at this price! You could get a well sorted GTD or Tornado for half that and I hazard a guess it would be be better, faster and more original looking - but I will reserve judgement until I see the real deal at Goodwood.

Just a thought, is it the same CAV mono that was displayed at the racing car show back in Jan? & was advertised as part of a race series in 2004?

If so, the several club members have already viewed the car, albeit less engine & box...

MWGT40

Supporter
JP,

But isn't your MDA going to cost about the same as the CAV per your post to my earlier message or did I misinterpret the bit about the price being similar to a 911?

It would be interesting to see both the MDA and CAV at Goodwood to compare against the GTDs that we are all familiar with. Unfortunately because the next baby is due around that time (literally - not another 40!) I may unable to go /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Martin

[ QUOTE ]
JP,

But isn't your MDA going to cost about the same as the CAV per your post to my earlier message or did I misinterpret the bit about the price being similar to a 911?

It would be interesting to see both the MDA and CAV at Goodwood to compare against the GTDs that we are all familiar with. Unfortunately because the next baby is due around that time (literally - not another 40!) I may unable to go /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Martin

[/ QUOTE ]

Martin,

Not quite £68,000. Nearer £60,000.

But lets look at the spec:

Lightweight MDA Chasis(an evolution of the GTD).
Ali uprightrights all round.
Ohlins shocks with reomte reservoirs(as fitted to the Pagani Zonda, Bentely Le Mans winner etc)
Knock on pin drive Jongbloed wheels, Cast Magnesium centres, spun ali to T6.
Series 6 AP racing brakes, 6 pot callipers, bias adjustable.
SVO Ford Block with Victor Junior heads, Steel Crank, Custom Pistons, Girdle, Windage Tray, H-beam rods, fully sequential fuel injection with Motec M48. Dyno tested in the U.K 450HP and 420ft/lb.
Renault transaxle with Quaiffe internals, Quaiffe LSD.
Weight of car approx 1060kg. Gives about 428BHP/TON.

There are some other tricks that MDA have employed to give a far superior chasis to anything I have seen. That's another story.

In my mind this, the MDA, is value for money. I intend to race the MDA at hill climbs and sprints. Hence the very high spec. I would very interested to see just how much a CAV would cost with these types of parts.

Rick, perhaps you could enlighten us.

Regards,

J.P /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back