GTD driveshaft manufacturer

Does anyone know which company manufactures the CV joints & driveshafts for GTD?

Any info greatly appreciated /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Attachments

• 21190-driveshaft.jpg
    21190-driveshaft.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 291

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Julian,
After the first pair of drive shafts I ordered were the wrong size (ie I specified the 105mm type Lobro CVJ's and they were machined for the 95mm)I decided to go forget the so called professionals and go the DIY route. I recall I used EN24 steel, machined to O/D and a local gear cutter (Iver Gears, Iver, Buckinghamshire)cut the splines to suit the larger lobro's. All that's then needed is a suitable lathe to put the circlip groove in. I also recall I never got the money back for the first pair. As far as the Lobro CVJ's are concerned, what size is your gearbox and hubs suited for? I went the 105mm route because Trevor Taylor had broken a few of the 95mm joints in his car but the 105mm seemed to be satisfactory.
Dave M
Still in Verona
Still +41c every day.

David,

Thank you for the post, very informative. I have a set of driveshafts already on the car, & am looking for technical data.

Do you know the maximum angle your joints will run at?

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Julian,
As yet the car is up on blocks and my colleague (Henry) is trying to free the clutch which has sat for about 8 years without operating. I saw it during Silverstone weekend and we were running it as well so the answer to your q is they were at full droop. Its a GTD but out here in Verona I cannot access the angles. The engine and gearbox are both lowered. Henry might be able to tell you and you may be able to get him on my number at the workshop 01628 481600.
Dave M
in Verona +42c today !!!

Back