Le Mans Classic 2004

Hi Jos,
I have had an email back from the organisers advisng me that the date is not fixed yet, they will let me know the dates when firm and I will post on this forum

I did say 'allegedly' ! Mind you the Accor Group has removed all its local hotels from prebooking for that weekend

Just read in October addition of OCTANE that the Classic Le Mans 204 will be run on July 23rd to 25th. There will be 366 cars on the track plus 72 reserve cars. Roads will be closed on the Friday evening to allow for practice. Cars will be split into 6 age related grids the last being 1972-78. Now that it has been officially announced, come on Mr. Snook get organising....Can't wait /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Also in Octobers OCTANE is a great article on GT40's new and old, enjoy.......... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Hi Perrys,
I am on the mailing list for clubs attending and have not been advised of dates yet, I received the following info on the 11th of August "Dear sir,
Thank you for your e mail.
We are still waiting for a confirmation from the French authorities but as
you are in our base you could be sure that you will as soon as possible
receive more information. We are doing our best in order to send you
information at the real beginning of September but the decision in not
ours." If it happens we will be going!

Now the dates for the Classic have been announced down-side could be the the Ferry cost in July, just spoke to one ferry operator and they want £299 for car & passenger.
Looks like Roy will have to use some of his persuasion otherwise I will be watching it on Sky at home !! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Ian, i'm still waiting for the official communication from the organisers, still the web site says its confirmed, anyway as I'm organising the Club trip I will try to get a deal from the ferry operators.

Ian, is there any point in you going anyway, you'll only be watching in Sky from the pits anyway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dave
It's not what you do when you are there, It's about being there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Ian,
Try www.aferry.to myself and my friends use this when we go to Le Mans, it normally comes in under P&O online and most other places (but not always). There is a problem with their site that isn't pulling dates at the moment for 2004, I've sent a note to tell them.

Brett

Just checked with Ferry savers and their 2004 prics are not published until the end of September so nothing comes up when searching their website.

I phoned and they said, their best deal for mid July this year was £161 ( Weymouth to St Malo ) and other prices were £242 for Poole to St Malo. I must have got a better deal by booking fairly late as I only paid £169 Poole to St Malo.

Accomodation is going to be expensive aswell because it is peak time school hols, but after last year, it's GOT to be worth it.

O.K. guys,
I have the official confirmation that the event is on in July 2004, a Club Pack is winging it's way to me right now.
The Enthusiasts Club magazine will have all the details in the next issue. This IS the event to go to, hope to see some overseas members attending.

Jim (if I may be so informal) - indirectly this is a reply to your post on Ferrarichat about taking J6 - 2002 was a quite fabulous event - Brian Redman hammering Bobby Rahal's 917 in the dusk at the Dunlop curve will stick in a lot of memories - but two years ago there was not really a context for a car to be just on display - there were club parking areas on the Bugatti circuit plus laps for their members (who paid for them) but no real parade and there were the competing cars but nothing that I recall in between (excluding a French GT40 who drove down for the weekend and just dumped it in the paddock - the car from Un Homme et Une Femme) other than a little manufacturer participation - perhaps a call or email to the organisers might get you clarification - contact details through their website www.lemansclassic.com - it was a totally memorable event and hopefully 2004 will be better

Shows how little I know - just found this on their site - ideal for J6 :

"Le Mans Classic 24 H Club" hosting the cars which competed in the 24 Hours at the time and do not want to race in Le Mans Classic.

Back