HELP - Timing Strut

Malcolm

Supporter
JP, go to the local tip, get a side panel off an old fridge or something, get a pair of tin snips and get cutting. Fold an edge and drill a hole to match your number plate bolt hole and bolt it on. If you want to be fancy make a template out of cardboard first! And don't forget to paint it black. Blue book will tell you max and min heights it should be. If you want to save weight then make out of ali sheet.

Worst case scenario is to use a ruler in a fold of carboard and lots of tape but maybe that is a bit Blue Peter'ish!

Malcolm

Don't forget the Blue Peter version can include a coat hanger for strength ! Cereal packets covered in insulating tape are very effective in emergencies.....

Good God! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

What is this? Blue Peter Revival!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I think I'll have a quick blast up to Frank, but thanks for the truly innovative ideas! I'll keep those for emergencies!!

Regards,

J.P

Malcolm

Supporter
A few of us got together in the pub last night and discussed your problem JP! But getting back to the timing strut /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif why not nip down to your local BMW garage and see what is listed on the options page of their catalogue!

In the car park we saw a number plate just for you, it read

H3Y JP.

I only saw it in my rear view mirror but it made me think of you!

See you on Saturday.

Malcolm

Back