Longleat

MWGT40

Supporter
My application to run at Longleat next weekend was returned as the event was already full /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

If anybody has successfully registered for Longleat and will not now be running, I will happily buy their entry off them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks, Martin

Hi Martin -
Sorry to hear your entry was refused - don't forget the Club AGM is the following weekend (Sun 5th Oct) and once again is to be held at Malcolm & Trudi Kerr's place in Kent.

Hope to see you there.

regards

PaulT

Malcolm

Supporter
That's a great shame Martin that you are not competing. It would have been your first event where you had run before so a comparison for improvements made during the year would have been possible.

I would have words with the PA about getting your entries done on time! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Why not bring the newly extended family down for a day out? Remember what I said about getting them used to noise young?

Malcolm

MWGT40

Supporter
I held off with the entry because I couldn't be sure I would get the car back in time from the engine rebuild. Looks like I was too cautious although I have not got the car yet (hope to get it any day now)

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Can someone please confirm date (though I still may not be able to attend) as the club website says it is Sunday 5th?

What time? Are directions available on the website anywhere?

Max

Longleat - the park that is signposted for a hundred miles around - yes that Longleat ! Up his Lordship's drive - no doubt its practise in the morning and competition in the pm - just like most other similar events in your series !

Doh! - how stupid am I? (don't answer that Malcolm!)

You're correct - the AGM is SUNDAY 5th of OCTOBER (not SAT 5th) so I have amended post above to avoid confusion.

Longleat is a two day affair with the GT40s competing on SAT 27th only!

Club Entries comprise:
(35) Andrew Fordyce GTD GT40Mk1
(36) David Parker GTD R42
(37) Malcolm MacAdam GTD GT40 Mk1
(38) Roy Smart GTD GT40 Mk1
(238) Paul Thompson GTD GT40 Mk1
(39) Mo McNicoll GTD GT40 Mk1
(239) Martin Hacon GTD GT40 Mk1
(40) Ray Christopher GTD GT40 Mk1 Spyder
(240) Roy Wing GTD GT40 Mk1 Spyder

Thanks to Malc and Woolbridge Motor Club, we now have our own class so a class record is yet to be established. Previous best for vehicle type is 40.07s.

Visitors always most welcome. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Thanks Paul,

But what about the time & directions?

Also what time would everything be happening at Longleat (just in case I can make it)?

Max

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks Paul,

But what about the time & directions?

Also what time would everything be happening at Longleat (just in case I can make it)?

Max

[/ QUOTE ]

Get there nice and early. Maybe 6am.(or earlier!) Directions, its on any good map!! Stone's throw from Stone Henge. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

J.P

Hi Rob (Max)

Despite James's enthusiasm, please don't get there before 6am especially as the gates do not open before 7am! The actual timings for our batch(one) are :

Signing on from 7:30am
Scrutineering from 7:45am
Course can be walked prior to 8:15am
1st Practice runs from 8:30am

So I suspect the 1st 40 will go up the hill about 08:50 assuming all goes to time/plan.

There should be 2 practice and 2 timed runs with a break for lunch at some point.

Directions:Longleat is north of Horningsham and south of the A362.

From Wimborne:
West on A31 to join A350 -
Head north passing: Blandford Forum and Shaftesbury -
at Warminster head West on A362 towards Frome -
after approx 2.5 miles Longleat should be signposted to the left. (approx 47 miles)

The regs state:
"all competitors must enter Longleat Park via the lodge at Horningsham - (MR 183:811416)2 - if that helps you..

Hope you and others can make it - Great Venue - Great Event! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Paul & JP,

Thanks for the info, especially the times.

However it was the directions for the AGM venue I was after as I have not been there before. Longleat is not very far from me, and I went there a month ago.

Cheers, Max

Hi guys, whats that old saying: lack of communication causes frustration! Actually, I too have never been to an AGM, Although been a Club member for years (When I pay my subs on time) Though this year i may venture across depending on the time and distance. I will look up Mals address for route finding, but its a long old way from here!

Hope Longleat goes well.

regards

Mark

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
AGM (was Re: Longleat)

Mark,

Fancy linking up & travelling over together to share costs?

Depends which way you were thinking of going though I guess.

Max

MWGT40

Supporter
Re: AGM (was Re: Longleat)

Mark,

Any chance of bringing one of your Mk IIs. I am sure there would be a lot of interest!

Martin /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Malcolm

Supporter

Yes Mark, it would be good to see at least one of your cars. I haven't seen any of them yet and would be interested in your MK2 and/or Mk1.

Malcolm

Malcolm

Supporter

I have looked up the long range 5 day forecast and for Saturday at Longleat it "should" be dry. Lets hope so as it would be nice for the season closer to have good weather.

Malcolm

Back