Looking for GT40 body

Looking for major body components (front, back roof/windscreen, doors, side panels) and attachment hardware. Body must have the proper dimensions.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Chris is on vacation until the end of the week...you had better decide which body style you would like as he has MkI and MkII.Plus he has original style MkI panels too as Roy already mentioned.
I have a body from Chris and the quality is first rate.

Fran,
Chris and I are jointly producing original MK1 body panels as a joint project.The replica panels are produced by Chris on his own. For the original cars we can offer wide rear bodywork as well as the normal road going rear clip

Roy and/or Chris,

Before I ask my question, it was nice to see you
two, albeit too briefly, at Pebble Beach.

What is the difference between original and replica
panels? Is the laminate different? The shape?
Can the original panels be used on any replica
frame (with a little engineering obviously)?

Ian

Hi Ian,
their are quite a lot of differences between Replica bodywork and original bodywork, best to go with replica bodywork on a scratch built car I reckon.
Front clip is radiused across the nose on original but GTD for example is fairly flat, doors are a different shape, rear clip differs considerably also.
I have noted that the KVA type bodywork is reasonably similar to the original shape- but there are a lot of variations on that anyway, overall- the cars all say the same thing, GT40.

I HAVE AN UNFINISHED MK-1 GT-40 THAT I WOULD CONSIDER LETTING GO AT A VERY REASONABLE PRICE..GIVE ME AN EMAIL OR FEEL FREE TO CALL ME HERE IN SUNNY SO. CALIFORNIA
SHIPPING CAN BE ARRANGED. FRONZY
CELL: 909-717-5260 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Fronzy -

Can we have some more info? What manufacturer? How much
work has been done? What parts are included?

Ian

FRONZY HERE FROM SUNNY SO.CAL....I AM RECONSIDERING THE SALE OF MY TORNADO MK-1......I POSTED IT IN HASTE AND I WILL STILL CONSIDER SELL ...HOWEVER I AM ASTONISHED ON THE AMOUNT OF INTEREST IT BROUGHT ME...CAN SOME OF YOU GUYS GIVE ME A HINT OF WISDOM AND TALK A LITTLE BIT ...HOW MUCH IS JUST THE BODY WORTH...LESS THE REAR CLIP AND THE DASH...NO ANCILLARY PARTS....JUST FIBREGLASS ..FRNT CLIP/2-SNORKLE/CNTR/DOORS/AND PODS....THE PORSCHE TUB IS MY OWN IDEA...IS IT THE WRONG WAY TO GO...OR ..? ONE MORE QUESTION FROM A NEWBE...CAN ANY ONE GIVE A REAL AMERCAN PRICE FOR A REAR WIDE BODY CLIP OR A MK-4 TO FIT MY TORNADO MK-1 EMAIL ME DIRECT PLEASE AT [email protected] /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Ron Earp

Admin
Do you just have a body? Tornado cars are of course, as I'm sure you know, made in the UK and sold with a body and chassis. Why are you using a Porsche tub?

Ron

THE BODY WAS SHIPPED HERE ...NOTHING ELSE...JUST THE FIBREGLASS . APPROX 10 YEARS AGO I PURCHASED IT FROM LONE STAR CLASSICS IN TEXAS....THEY PULLED A MOLD AND CREATED A LARGER VERSION OF IT....IM NOT SURE IF THEY STILL OFFER IT
I HAD A PRIVATE SHIPPER SEND ME THE BODY FROM THE VIRGINIA SHOP THAT I HAVE...THE REAR SECTION NEVER MADE IT HERE....IM IN NEED OF THE WIDE REAR MK1 OR THE MK4 ...ALSO THE DASH AND WINDSHIELD AT THE MOMENT ?
WHERE AND HOW DO I CONTACT TORNADO OR ANY ONE THAT CAN GIVE ME AN IDEA ON THE COST OF A REAR SECTION ETC.....
THE PORSCHE 914 HAS A 95 INCH WHEEL BASE ALL DISCS / RACK 7 PINION /IS A PROVEN HI PERFORMANCE COMPETITOR AT RACE TRACKS TO THIS DAY...LENDS ITSELF VERY WELL TO THE GT=40 BODY....THINK ABOUT IT ....LOOK AT WHAT IS ALREADY DONE FOR YOU BEFORE YOU START A PROJECT AS HUGE AS ALL GT-40 KITS DEMAND....NOT ALL OF US HAVE THE TIME / MONEY AND TALENT TO LITERALLY HAND CREATE A COMPLEX VEHICLE FROM THE GROUND UP !

Ron Earp

Admin
So Lone Star scammed Tornado and pulled a mold form their body? Hmmmm...

On the other hand, they changed it because their LS40 didn't look anything like a GT40.

Not long ago there was a rear section for sale here and on Ebay. Rear only...

R

HEY RON ...THAT WAS A QUICK RETURN..THANKS....WELL ANY WAY ...YES I WAS VERY EAGER TO MAKE CONTACT WITH THAT EBAY DUDE ..I WAS TO LATE TO INTERACT BEFORE THE BID EXPIRED...HOWEVER... WHEN I DID TRY ...ALL I RECIEVED BACK WAS SOME TYPE OF HYRO GLIFFICS...MADE NO SENSE TO ME ...THAT ALL I KNOW ? WHAT ABOUT THE PORSCHE TUB IDEA..?
AND A REAR WIDE SECTION ETC ...FRONZY

That original rear section probably would not have fit the Tornado without rework. Chris Melia will probably sell
you a replica rear clip for a good price. But the freight
will be high from the UK. Still might be the way to go.
Not sure if Chris offers the Gulf wide body.
I believe Tornado sells the flairs seperately...
and maybe RF40 too. Ask Hershal Byrd.

MikeD

WHAT A WEALTH OF INFORMATION....I APPRECIATE ALL THAT YU GUYS HAVE DONE FOR ME....THANKS !..IM A LOT FURTHER AHEAD AT EVERY LEVEL.............FRONZY THE NEWBY DUDE !

Back