oop's - but it still did'nt leak!!!

oop\'s - but it still did\'nt leak!!!

Hi all -

Well Longleat was a blast! but a minor(?) excursion by 'A11GTD' left us with a slightly modified radiator (see below) and managed to get a 1000Kg Straw Bale airborne.

bentrad.jpg

The most amazing thing to me is that even with a 6-8" bend, the radiator DID NOT LEAK!! - Fans would'nt turn but IT DID NOT LEAK!- Amazing!!!!!!!!

A tribute to the build quality from Docking Engineering - visit them at
www.dockingengineering.com
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Re: oop\'s - but it still did\'nt leak!!!

Saturday had the end of season blues for a few people, Roy had the unfortunate off above, Ray Christopher and Roy Wing took an early bath after clutch and brake failure and I couldn't run 804 AJB. I stripped all the teeth off first gear on the line at Brighton two weeks ago which meant I didn't get a time there. A Herculean effort by Frank Catt and Dave Parker, with bits found under the workbench in Roy Smart's workshop, got me repaired by Thursday, only to have the quill shaft go on my way home!

All was not lost, as Dave very kindly offered me a drive in the R 42 on Saturday, which I willingly grabbed with both hands!(wouldn't you?) I watched the Maestro rip the guts out of a driveshaft on his first start, which I took as tuition and promptly tore the replacement apart 50 yards from the paddock entrance (I'm sure that thing has got more than 425 bhp, Roy) Thanks for a cracking day, Dave, I really enjoyed myself and the car, it sure does go! Please can I borrow it if I start falling behind in next year's Championship, please, please. Thanks Mate.

That has got to be one of the saddest things i've seen.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I just want to know who was laughing at the end of the video clip. Not fuuny at all.

Chuck

Hi Chuck -

There were some young children standing close to our intrepid Videographer (Tim Carpenter), one of whom found the whole episode 'funny' -

Boys will be boys! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Ah boys. That explains everything. My 5-year old son thought it funny when dad stuffed a 911 in the guardrail. He really laughs at spins during autocross. I think its just boys and mechanical stuff. Neat to build. Neat to take apart. Really neat to take apart FAST!

Of course it's the boy part in my that has just written a check for an ERA GT. I hope I'm able to use/enjoy mine as much as you do yours. No garage queens. Good luck with repairs and I bet I know who you're buying a new radiator from. That's a quality job if ever there was.

Chuck

Bloody Children! They mess up my lovley lawn, they have the nerve to run on it, children these days!?

I reckon Roy was adding some extra excitment for next years GTD Club video. A brave man indeed!

Must have been a month of crashes. A friend lost his M3 at 120MPH, did a few 360's, hit both sides of the crash barrier. Nothing but broken pride, Oh and a written off M3!

These things happen.

Regards,

J.P

Back