Coil packs

Robert,
What coil packs are you using in your cars. There is a picture of a pair on page 54 of your manual,picture 8.4. I would like to go this route with my car. I will be using a Ford (Explorer)DIS and crank trigger. Do you have the wiring or specs to make my own. Any help/part numbers would be appreciated as I am ready to put my engine in.
What I would like to see is the wiring from the crank trigger to the Motec (M-48) and the wiring to and from the coils and of course from the DIS to the Motec.
Thanks again,
Hope to hear from you soon.
John

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
John,

Just returned from 4 days at the Cobra Nationals so sorry that there was no answer within the minute !!!!

Regarding coil packs, we do not use the Ford unit as they use a unavailable post terminal and the length of the Ford ignition leads are different than we use. We would need to purchase at least TWO sets of Ford leads to make one Roaring Forties lead set. The coil packs we use are a standard unit that we modify for our vehicles.

John, if you would like me to send some to you, please order them in the normal way.

Best wuishes,

Robert

Try going to their website www.motec.com.au as they have wiring diagrams for various makes and models of vehicles. There should be a diagram for which you are looking for. If not, e-mail them and they can help you out with infomation in regards to what you need.
Hope this helps.

Ron Earp

Admin
John if you need leads I have some that you can have. I have the ones included with my RF kit but could not use as the terminal type does not mate with my MSD distributor. I assume they are similar to what should be used with coil packs. Let me know, R

Thanks guys,
I'll check out Motec's site. Robert and Ron I will be intouch.
Thank you again,
John

Back