What type of clutches do you use for your GT-40´s?

Hi there,

I have had some problems this season with the clutch. Today I use a 2 plate 'A' ring sintered clutch from AP-Racing in my GTD-40.

It´s very good when you are going with speed - but in the starts and in traffic it´s very brutal (on/off).

My question is if you guys suggest any other solution to my problem - but I still need to have a clutch that can take at least 372 lb/ft (505 nm) and also a clutch which I can make much better starts...lol!

Are there anyone who uses a single plate setup and can recommend his settings? (Centerforce, Mcleod etc.)

Thank you all of you - this is a great forum - it´s a pleasure to read all the great posts and answers from all this people with all this knowledge!

Christoffer Lundgren
GTD-40 Mk 1
SWEDEN

Hi Chris, we use a single plate AP clutch system, but also with a modified pedal box giving a 6.5 pedal ratio to give better assistance than the standard GTD box giving 3.1 ratio. The clutch part numbers are :- Pressure plate CP 2394-14, Driven plate CP 2346-42 for Renault 21 spline or CP 2346-44 for 10 spline, and CP 3457-2 Thrust bearing on modified carrier. This system works well on road and track, Hope this helps, Frank

Hi Frank!

Thank you for all your great answers - (for example about the two nostrilhood etc!)

Can you supply me with the AP clutch - today I´m using a R21T with Quaife LSD from GTO Engineering? I´m also interested in buying other things from you especially when I today discovered your homepage; http://www.wealdenengineer.co.uk/
- with some nice photos.

Regards
Christoffer Lundgren
SWEDEN

Back