016 Audi trans

What is the going price for used one, starting to source parts for build. Thanks in advance Bob

Ron Earp

Admin
I paid $175 for mine but it was not in good shape. I've got German transaxle of America going through it now and it will cost a reasonable amount to get it up to snuff.

New ones are available for around $1200 USD and maybe lower if you look around.

Ron

Keith

Lifetime Supporter
Bob,
The task of finding a good Audi 016 transaxle is much less difficult than you may think. They are used in all Audi 5000 front wheel drive 5cyl 2.0, 2.1 and 2.5 engines and all turbo engine applications (it is not used with the 1.9 5cyl engine) 1884 thru 1988 model years (although some of the transaxles I found had 1983 date codes). I bought an Audi shop manual on E-bay for $3. and the information is invaluable.
Do a search on car_parts.com and you will find several pages of them. I found at least ten within fifty miles of home.
The one I bought only had 38K on it and it looks like new inside. The yard owner said I could have it for $150 or I could have two for $200 as the second one had some broken bolt holes. Don't be too quick to buy as there is a limited market for these, mine had been on the shelf since 1990.
Hope this helps, Keith

Back